Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of scammers or alerts

List of scammers or alerts

Ok tecently I was scammed out of £400 on a deal on here yes me, so it could allso happen to you. I wont go in to any more details at this time has its in the hands of the Police. We have a list of praise for good deals, so do we need one for bad dealls. Now I know the scammer will undoubtably move on , change contact details etc but at least it would distrupt there activities. May I add that this is the first and only time I have encounterd any problems with the people here has all of my previous dealls have been totally without any problems. If I have spoken out of term then please dont hesitate to delate Mods.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

sorry to hear of your bad luck ;its a wake up call for people like myself who almost take it for granted all deals on here will have a happy ending.
    im hoping you weren't dealing with any long standing "mem" which is my first criteria unless they are paying me in the first instance.
    there's been some well publicised dodgey dealings on other sights which has put them to temporary flight but unfortunately the "hyenas"
    that scavenge off honest folk have a low cunning that enables them to camouflage their ID ;but track record goes a long way in this situation.
    hope you have some kind of come back on this other than knowing the "hyenas" are in the minority.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    A Name and Shame list - sounds a good idea?

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    A Name and Shame list - sounds a good idea?

Airsporterman
    Well it isn't going to be a good warning without a list of names of scammers! Yes, everyone needs to act with care, but if there are known scammers, we should be alerted to them.

Unless someone has actually been convicted of an offence, or proven beyond doubt to be a scammer on numerous occasions, such as a well known family of scam artists, tempting as it may be, naming them on the BBS could be fraught with legal difficulties, so it's probably best to restrict naming scammers to private communications, as some of them are very litigious and you could end up loosing even more of your hard earned dosh.

So, this will end up as a thread of "I've been scammed, feel sorry for me" threads. Useless in the real world.

fell sorry if you like guys, but I wouldnt want this to happen to any one else, has its far from funney, its in the hands of the police, but if mods are ok I am happy to post the details iIhave on this guy so at least this one is taken out of circulation I have no doubt He will be scamming someone else on another forum or through the free adds which allso seems to be one of his favoured methods.

Unfortunately there are too may people out there now scamming and getting away with it.
    I lost about the same through an paypal scammer, and although the police took a statement, they didn't really want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by JABB View Post
    Unfortunately there are too may people out there now scamming and getting away with it.
    I lost about the same through an paypal scammer, and although the police took a statement, they didn't really want to know.
    yes, its only know I have been able to make a statement was told to contact the scammers area force, who were about has unintrested has someone could be 2 attempts to make statement to my own local force with no luck and now this morning able to give a statement has an officer actually took an intrest and enabled me to make a statement Dose not seem to be any reall great incentive has most of my local stations are closed or only open on limited hours due to austerity cuts. I am not going to get political but have to say up until this morning the service ( or lack of it ) has been appaling
    , unitrested public servants, no real system of rapid reporting, leflets in Welsh-only,( I donrt speak welsh), banks who are without intrest etc. This is in no way a crticism of this excellent forum, this is the only deal I have done here that has not worked, but when it is sorted to my satisfaction , I will with mods approval give you his name, and all details.

I guess for them, they need to send someone out, spend time gathering evidence, actually do something, then sit at a desk for hours writing it up, you can understand why they prefer to much doughnuts and drink coffee

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    sorry to hear of your bad luck ;its a wake up call for people like myself who almost take it for granted all deals on here will have a happy ending.
    im hoping you weren't dealing with any long standing "mem" which is my first criteria unless they are paying me in the first instance.
    there's been some well publicised dodgey dealings on other sights which has put them to temporary flight but unfortunately the "hyenas"
    that scavenge off honest folk have a low cunning that enables them to camouflage their ID ;but track record goes a long way in this situation.
    hope you have some kind of come back on this other than knowing the "hyenas" are in the minority.
    thank You, they are in the minority, but we need to remove any chances for them to scamm

Quote Originally Posted by JABB View Post
    I guess for them, they need to send someone out, spend time gathering evidence, actually do something, then sit at a desk for hours writing it up, you can understand why they prefer to much doughnuts and drink coffee
    I had all the evidence with me on 3 occasions has a former civil servant myself of some 20 years I couldnt say I was impressed, but hey no real criticism of the boys and girls in blue , for the most part they do a great job and have my respect for doing a real tough job

Unless you are comfortable paying for the appropriate response then this will be just be another 'feel sorry for me' thread....
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

i dont want you to feel sorry mate, i just hope it dosent to happen to anyone else

Pointless thread Mate, without the name of the culprit(s) someone else could be getting ripped off on another forum while you keep the identity to yourself
    Say what is true, although it may be bitter and displeasing to people.