Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 accessories kit help please

BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 accessories kit help please

BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 1982 accessories.

Looking to hunt down info or items that came with the 1982 BSA Centenary 1 of 1000
    I would like to find a sling, pistol grip cap, scope & scope mounts. I know the scope was a 4 x 40 but I don't know what mounts were used or who made them.

Any information greatfully recieved,

Pete.

Didn't it also have a special gunbag? Which infamously wasn't very hard-wearing in use.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Didn't it also have a special gunbag? Which infamously wasn't very hard-wearing in use.
    Yes it did. I understand it was from a canadian company but I don't really need the gun bag though.

BSA bits

Think I have a sling somewhere. The Chinese-made scope went with an old Sheridan!

Mine has the bag and the sling which broke, common that I heard. Also BSA badge, stitch on type, metal pellet holder plus target, BSA oil, some pellets, Certificate.

Pat

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The mounts were Parker Hale. They were a universal type which used spacer bars to accomodate different dove tail sizes. I've still got all the accesories but I use a Sportsmatch mount and the handles on the gun bag have long since perished and snapped. A beautiful rifle let down by poor quality accesories.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

I recently sold both of mine and both had intact gun bag handles, probably because they had been in their boxes most of their lives and not exposed to sunlight.
    Here are some photographs of one of the handles and the supplied accesories:

http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...BSA/Centenary/

Had one in .22 for a few years, Parker Hale mounts has I recall Uncle Mike sling swivells, The Gun Bag was not with mine. Sold it on has short of cash and have regretted it ever since You live and learn, one of my I wish I hadnt sold

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    The mounts were Parker Hale. They were a universal type which used spacer bars to accomodate different dove tail sizes. I've still got all the accesories but I use a Sportsmatch mount and the handles on the gun bag have long since perished and snapped. A beautiful rifle let down by poor quality accesories.
    So Parker Hale mounts, thats good because I should be able to track some down somwhere.
    Does anyone know what the model number was for the mounts Please?

Used ones are rarer than mint ones .177's are a lot rarer than .22's. Handles of the gunbags self destruct even in the box, its just time and the poor quality of plastic used. I believe the scope was a rebadged Weaver.
    I wouldn't bother with finding more mounts as they were never that great, go with a overhang Sportsmatch or the very rare Apel if you can find the latter (should have never sold mine).
    Being an Airsporter they point and shoot with open sights beautifully; a scope doesn't add much to what you can and can't hit. Keep to farmyard ranges and you will never be disappointed. Design features of the Centenary went into the final Airsporter S version. I still think the Centenary is one of the best looking air rifles of all time.

Price wise they change hands, mint, for anything between £650 and £850, but they don't exactly fly of the shelves. The reason are that firstly there are still a good quantity of mint ones and secondly they just aren't a HW77 tack driver.

How does your shoot?

I have a spare set of Centenary scope mounts, pins, allen key and arrester blocks and key, and there is no Parker Hale logo or part number on them, just as there was no mention of Parker hale on the original mount box.
    The fact that the mounts are the cheaper and less efficient single screw fixing, and that BSA found it necessary to include arrester blocks, would indicate cost was a factor in the choice of accessories, just as it was in the stock, which is invariably a very poorly grained walnut, as the Centenary cost more than envisaged to produce.
    I must have been fortunate with my Centenaries, as both sets of gun bag handles when I sold them, were as good as the day they were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    Used ones are rarer than mint ones .177's are a lot rarer than .22's. Handles of the gunbags self destruct even in the box, its just time and the poor quality of plastic used. I believe the scope was a rebadged Weaver.
    I wouldn't bother with finding more mounts as they were never that great, go with a overhang Sportsmatch or the very rare Apel if you can find the latter (should have never sold mine).
    Being an Airsporter they point and shoot with open sights beautifully; a scope doesn't add much to what you can and can't hit. Keep to farmyard ranges and you will never be disappointed. Design features of the Centenary went into the final Airsporter S version. I still think the Centenary is one of the best looking air rifles of all time.

Price wise they change hands, mint, for anything between £650 and £850, but they don't exactly fly of the shelves. The reason are that firstly there are still a good quantity of mint ones and secondly they just aren't a HW77 tack driver.

How does your shoot?
    Hi Muskett,

Quick question (hope you don't mind?)...is this the Apel mount for the BSA of which you speak? (with the set back overhang bit at the back to help get correct eye relief)

pic 1
    pic 2
    pic 3

Both rings are removable from the base, the rear ring is also adjustable for windage (oo-er!) and it also has a removeable arrestor screw under the front of the base.

If so, could you give me a guesstimate of its worth please?
    blah blah

Let me have your sister's address and I'll post the sling.

Quote Originally Posted by kennp View Post
    BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 1982 accessories.

Looking to hunt down info or items that came with the 1982 BSA Centenary 1 of 1000
    I would like to find a sling, pistol grip cap, scope & scope mounts. I know the scope was a 4 x 40 but I don't know what mounts were used or who made them.

Any information greatfully recieved,

Pete.
    Yours for the postage,Trev

This second £50 inc post as I'm looking for one Think I sold mine last for £40 inc post.

The nice thing about Apel style mounts is they look right on the older rifles. Heck they can look good on most high end rifles with classic scopes. Some have the correct arrester pin for the likes of HW35/77/80 and cross pin for FWB Sports and Omega's. They come in three heights: low/medium, medium/high and high though they can be swopped about. Early ones were for the larger 13mm rail size, so they don't always fit. A good amount were sold and they probably weren't that cheap then; Hilver did some too. So they do turn up and there is a limit to what they are worth. They also rust so condition is important.

However, they don't clamp as well as SportsMatch and the side alignment screws can shear! I always use a bit of Locktight to keep them in the right place and not lose a screw from loosening. Once on leave them alone.

And IJ has 80% of all in circulation

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    This second £50 inc post as I'm looking for one Think I sold mine last for £40 inc post.

The nice thing about Apel style mounts is they look right on the older rifles. Heck they can look good on most high end rifles with classic scopes. Some have the correct arrester pin for the likes of HW35/77/80 and cross pin for FWB Sports and Omega's. They come in three heights: low/medium, medium/high and high though they can be swopped about. Early ones were for the larger 13mm rail size, so they don't always fit. A good amount were sold and they probably weren't that cheap then; Hilver did some too. So they do turn up and there is a limit to what they are worth. They also rust so condition is important.

However, they don't clamp as well as SportsMatch and the side alignment screws can shear! I always use a bit of Locktight to keep them in the right place and not lose a screw from loosening. Once on leave them alone.

And IJ has 80% of all in circulation
    Did they come left-handed??