Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 accessories kit help please

Quote Originally Posted by kennp View Post
    BSA Centenary 1 of 1000 1982 accessories.

Looking to hunt down info or items that came with the 1982 BSA Centenary 1 of 1000
    I would like to find a sling, pistol grip cap, scope & scope mounts. I know the scope was a 4 x 40 but I don't know what mounts were used or who made them.

Any information greatfully recieved,

Pete.
    Ok, you gents are great, so far I may have secured the sling & the mounts & scope stop I think.
    I still need the grip cap & a period BSA scope.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Ok, you gents are great, so far I may have secured the sling & the mounts & scope stop I think.
    I still need the grip cap & a period BSA scope.
    There was a bloke selling the grip caps on that auction site no one dares to mention by name quite recently - he had about 20 to sell at one point!
    Don't know if that helps you!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I have a spare set of Centenary scope mounts, pins, allen key and arrester blocks and key, and there is no Parker Hale logo or part number on them, just as there was no mention of Parker hale on the original mount box.
    You're quite correct, the mounts aren't Parker Hale. I had a look at them this afternoon. Memory plays tricks when you haven't laid eyes on them for so long. I think I re-boxed all the accessories about 5 years ago.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    This second £50 inc post as I'm looking for one Think I sold mine last for £40 inc post.

The nice thing about Apel style mounts is they look right on the older rifles. Heck they can look good on most high end rifles with classic scopes. Some have the correct arrester pin for the likes of HW35/77/80 and cross pin for FWB Sports and Omega's. They come in three heights: low/medium, medium/high and high though they can be swopped about. Early ones were for the larger 13mm rail size, so they don't always fit. A good amount were sold and they probably weren't that cheap then; Hilver did some too. So they do turn up and there is a limit to what they are worth. They also rust so condition is important.

However, they don't clamp as well as SportsMatch and the side alignment screws can shear! I always use a bit of Locktight to keep them in the right place and not lose a screw from loosening. Once on leave them alone.

And IJ has 80% of all in circulation

Hi Muskett,

Thanks for the info, very interesting...and yep, this one has 13mm dovetails and is blued steel (it does have a couple tiny blemishes in the blueing but overall is good to very good condition), I assume that this one has the medium high double strap rings and all screws appear to be correct and nice condition (nothing looks mangled) ...I think I have another Apel mount as well...but that one has an 11mm dovetail base that is slotted to clamp better over the lenght of the mount, a t-bar arrestor stud, and 7/8" single strap low rings fitted....oh yeah, I think this one has its original box.
    blah blah

I am the guilty party that bought both Centenaries off Troubledshooter a few months ago. As he says both sets of handles on the bags and the guns and accessories are as they left BSA 32 years ago. They are still kept boxed up and stored away in a dry place.
    They really are 2 of the most perfect examples I have seen, ever, and that's how they will stay, whilst in my ownership at least..
    cheers.
    fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I have a spare set of Centenary scope mounts, pins, allen key and arrester blocks and key, and there is no Parker Hale logo or part number on them, just as there was no mention of Parker hale on the original mount box.
    The fact that the mounts are the cheaper and less efficient single screw fixing, and that BSA found it necessary to include arrester blocks, would indicate cost was a factor in the choice of accessories, just as it was in the stock, which is invariably a very poorly grained walnut, as the Centenary cost more than envisaged to produce.
    I must have been fortunate with my Centenaries, as both sets of gun bag handles when I sold them, were as good as the day they were made.
    I have sent you a PM about these items Troubledshooter

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Think I have a sling somewhere. The Chinese-made scope went with an old Sheridan!
    Thank you for your help Trevor

Good morning everyone,

I'm still after any of the following kit that originally came with the centenery if anyone could help or give me any pointers Please:

mounts
    scope stop
    grip cap
    period 1" BSA scope (4 x 40 upwards)
    sling

Any help much appreciated.

Smile The sling went to your Wellington address yersterday.

Check with Sis in the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Check with Sis in the weekend
    Hey, thanks Trevor..!

Good morning everyone,

I'm still after any of the following kit that originally came with the centenery if anyone could help or give me any pointers Please:

mounts
    scope stop
    grip cap
    period 1" BSA scope (4 x 40 upwards)
    sling

Any help much appreciated.
    I'm pretty sure the scope was a BSA Mk10 4x40, it may help with your search.

atb

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer