Thread: stop weihrauch hw35 click by sticking a little felt stuff

stop weihrauch hw35 click by sticking a little felt stuff

Hi Just reading some threads and there was a post about this originally posted by macmerc -

" I already own a 35e which is an early 1970s model, shoots as smooth as silk at 11.9ft Ibs with RWS superdome, it cocks as smooth as silk, rekord trigger is perfect! and when out in the field can cock and load the gun silently by holding the barrel lock open and closing the barrel and gently releasing the barrel latch silently, I have stopped the famous Wiehrauch click by sticking a little felt stuff under the cocking arm ( will explain in more detail later) and now have a smooth silent loading accurate hunting rifle."

well read further and found no more detail about this fix??? any other ideas

BTW own a hw35 .177 (dont know the fpe as it was a f in hexagon one and got a replacement spring from Chambers and installed it ) before I get jumped on about this I live in Portugal and we dont need to be sub 12ft lbs
    and my other gun is a Cometa Fenix 400 long barrel .22 not carbine at 18-ish ftlbs/24 joules like they come from the shop standard here.

thanks
    Nath

I doubt 'felt stuff' would last very long. I use a strip of hard rubber glued to the underside of the breech block.
    Pete.

Hi

I have a venom tuned/blued hw35, various improvements have been carried out, among these are the troublesome steel roller bearing on the cocking linkhas been removed and replaced with something like ptfe or nylon, the difference it makes is amazing!!

The gun is a 1970 one which has also been shimmed at the breech axis/barrel to save the blueing from being scored..

Sorry for any typos or other mistakes as i've killed my pc and am using my phone (hate typing on a phone )

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I managed to find what was a anti clack kit being sold by Optima its a stock bolt with a fine grub screw in its center on the end is a small rubber tip works well on a 1974 leather washered HW35 in ,22.I have a HW35 with the <f> it was an import from germany it was at sub 6ft/lbs but now sports a new weirauch spring and a Terry Robb s/s spring guide now at 11.5ft/lbs but have keep the original spring
    Last edited by davymole; 19-09-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    I managed to find what was a anti clack kit being sold by Optima its a stock bolt with a fine grub screw in its center on the end is a small rubber tip works well on a 1974 leather washered HW35 in ,22
    One of these? http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=4&o=43
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Iv'e not had a HW35 for years but I think we used to slide a piece of silicon rubber tube about an inch or so long over the joint .
    , .22 Midas , .177 TX200 SR. ZASTAVA PISTOL.177.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1 View Post
    Iv'e not had a HW35 for years but I think we used to slide a piece of silicon rubber tube about an inch or so long over the joint .

I used much the same. A short length of fuel pipe (braded hose).