Thread: A & A gunsmiths Skegness

A & A gunsmiths Skegness

Hi in title as any one had dealings with them? Are they ok to buy from As they have some conversion revolver nipples to shotgun primers that I would like to buy.Also as any one any comments about these type nipples thanks
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

I purchased a replacement base pin kit for a ROA from them. pleasure to do business with, couldn't have been more helpful.Don't know about the nipples but one chap at my club uses them without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jennings View Post
    I purchased a replacement base pin kit for a ROA from them. pleasure to do business with, couldn't have been more helpful.Don't know about the nipples but one chap at my club uses them without any problems.
    Thank you for your information, I just could not find any reviews on said gunsmith or products thank you for your time
    Ex Royal Navy Retired have fun while it lasts."I Do"
    B.S.A.R Member

Bought the same ROA belt mountain base pin,very good to deal with,
    Anvil conversions do the same S/G primer cups at half their price though.

Shotgun primers/converted nipples.

I tried this set up in my ROA a couple of years ago. It worked fine..but..you could not get the shot primer out of the nipple. I gave up and went back to normal nipples/caps.

Quote Originally Posted by martindl99 View Post
    I tried this set up in my ROA a couple of years ago. It worked fine..but..you could not get the shot primer out of the nipple. I gave up and went back to normal nipples/caps.
    Same here, a right pain to get out !! especially after you have fired a couple and the residue starts to build, then you can't get them in or out !
    No benefit at all so went back to No 11 Remington caps.

A&A

If AA cant help try the Lincolnshire Shooting Center.

I had A&A slick my Marlin lever action out and he made an excellent job.
    I very informative gentleman.
    CZ455 American .22LR, Marlin 1894 .357 and 1935 8mm Mauser K98k S42/G (RC), Remy .308 AICS, RPR 6.5 creedmoor, no4 1* LB 1943, NRA RCO

Spoke to the chap at A & A Gunsmiths last week to get some info about a Ruger O A and he helped out a lot concerning the black stuff.
    Very open and friendly.

Hi I have just taken delivery of my uberti 1873 blanco special lever rifle 38sp/357mag from them. they did a nice job of slicking the action. Very good to deal with . Paul

ROA nipples

Hi Y'all
    A bit of late info.
    I bought nipples for my ROA which use shotgun primers. I found that because the primers are not supported by the Ruger frame face
    which they are in a shotgun. the primer easily fell out under the detonation pressure.The primer then found its way into the Ruger works and jammed. it took a stripdown at the firing point to clear -- I went back to perc. caps they are a lot less bother.
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by weebeestie View Post
    Spoke to the chap at A & A Gunsmiths last week to get some info about a Ruger O A and he helped out a lot concerning the black stuff.
    Very open and friendly.
    You can also ask here - quite a few of us have one. Some here, me excluded, have two.

tac