Thread: Steyr lp10 compact

Steyr lp10 compact

Just wondering what the power output of the LP10 is.? I really fancy a target pistol but we shoot out doors at 20m onto hardboard
    target boards with paper targets. My S+W and my Webley Hurricane can't get through the board although the Alecto and Hw45 can.
    So does the Steyr have the Umph. ??? Tim

My LP10 is full size, not compact and goes through hardboard OK at 20yds, it's what we use as backing boards at our range. There's no reason to suspect that a compact will be any less powerful. I thought they were set up at just under 6 foot pounds but I was at Harry Preston's the other week having an LP50 compact set up at just under 6 foot pounds and it seems the LP10's run at 4 foot pounds, or so.

150 shots out of a full size cylinder in my LP10 and 60 out of my compact cylinder through the LP50.

Cheers,

Mick

Lp10

Hi,

My full size LP10 was set at 5.3ft/lb out of the box but I have adjusted up to 5.6. There are official Steyr videos on YouTube which show how this is done, the compact version will be no different.

hth

Peter

Many Thanks gents. Tim

I shoot my LP50 compact outdoor at 25m, I've had the centres cut out of the backing boards just to make sure that the pellets pass through into the sand rather than rebounding back at me off of the ply backboard. This might be an idea for you to consider.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+