Thread: repairing sharp ace.

repairing sharp ace.

or more like tried to? frustration is being polite at one point thought it was the pump head seal but not so sure now? taken apart old exhaust pin a bit gingy and sticking so put new one on , all bits cleaned and put back together - still wouldn't take a pump , bits taken off the back and tried(mattyboy) suggestion - gave it a pump and the exhaust valve didn't even move , time to open a beer and sulk with a fag. thought this ain't gonna beat me so gave it a pump and pin still didn't move so now anger kicked in and gave it a couple of rapid pumps and hey the exhaust pin shot out - bit happier knowing at least it was getting air through the cylinder but defeated i gave up and went on the pc and look for parts wondering if i could get hold of an original pump head but it's like an "itch" with the gun on the table behind me - you keep looking at it and yes grabbed it and smashed a few quick pumps into and thought hang on this is taking air in - pulled the trigger and a lovely big bang of air came out getting somewhere me thought - NOT tried it again and seems the exhaust pin is stuck out and air blowing passed it so gonna give my fridge a bashing and sod the gun till tomorrow

sharp ace to

Hi there...
    It could be the exhaust valve seal.. It will have perished thus caressing the firing pin to stick.
    atb john.

sharp ace

These bl@@dy phones" i hit the wrong key.. It suppose to say coursing..
    atb john.

Red face

I've the same problem with a Crosman 1322 medallist

Got it working but the next day wouldn't pump up, The seal material in the valve had Perished badly, Was told to scrape it all out and push a BS008 O Ring in! Had a look through my O Rings and found one that was a good fit so I pushed it in, rebuilt the pistol and tried it!! Perfect!

I put a couple of pumps in then left it overnight, I cocked it and squeezed the trigger the next day and a lovely loud Crack enbsued Tried pumping it again and could hear the air passing straight through

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

crosman

Hi John"
    Your valve stem is failing... If you send it down to lawrie he will pop a new seal in it for you..
    atb john.

ace

don't think its the o-ring , i put a new one in. seems the exhaust pin is stuck in the hole of the release part above the trigger?

Smile ace

well all seems good took the exhaust valve out today and give it a quick clean and seems to be all good - holding air since 1pm today .