Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airsporter at Holts

Airsporter at Holts

I saw a nice mkii airsporter at the Holts viewing on Tuesday night. Estimate was £80-120 but I was amazed to see it sold for £500, which would come to £650 with fees and vat on the fee. Am I missing something??
    http://auctions.holtsauctioneers.com...0582&saletype=

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I'd guess that whoever bought it will have to hang on to it for a good while before they see a return on the investment, but, on the other hand, how often do you see one come up in that condition? Over priced? For me yes, but somebody didn't think so.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

The rough Mkll Service made £120

Interesting... You could say there's one born every minute - But in the case of an auction, there needs to be at least two.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    it was worse than rough,it didnt seem to have a half decent part on it

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    I saw a nice mkii airsporter at the Holts viewing on Tuesday night. Estimate was £80-120 but I was amazed to see it sold for £500, which would come to £650 with fees and vat on the fee. Am I missing something??

I've got a better one than that in 0.22 and an even better one in 0.177 .. would be nice to think they were worth that kind of money, but as always they are worth only what someone is prepared to pay on the day.

The estimate was way off for one in that condition though.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post

Maybe someone trying to buy back a bit of their youth?
    Whilst on the subject of auctions did anyone see the bsa standard No1 up for sale at tennants? and anyone know what it sold for?
    There was someone on here not long ago saying they got one from a skip, the 45" no1s are a lot less common than the no2s.
    Eric

I have a mint boxed , as new MKII Aisporter , that I could'nt sell for £400:00 last year.

Sam

I handled the Holts Airsporter and bid on it but for it to go at more than double what I bid seems unbelievable. I know these things are worth what someone is willing to pay but at over £600...No way.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Auction fever?
    It's certainly a nice example and worth far more than the estimate.
    It's like the Centenary - I would love to own one but, I would never pay the ridiculous prices asked for them.
    Hope the purchaser is happy with his purchase, that's what it's all about!
    Wish I could get a Mk1 in that condition, I have a few nice ones but not 'minters' like that!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    That was still a good buy even in that condition plus fees, as long as it had it's original barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    That was still a good buy even in that condition plus fees, as long as it had it's original barrel.
    Just got to work out how to get from there now

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Auction fever?
    It's certainly a nice example and worth far more than the estimate.
    It's like the Centenary - I would love to own one but, I would never pay the ridiculous prices asked for them.
    Hope the purchaser is happy with his purchase, that's what it's all about!
    Wish I could get a Mk1 in that condition, I have a few nice ones but not 'minters' like that!

Airsporterman
    Personally I think the Centenary is well overrated (and therefore over-priced). It is just a '70s Airsporter (with all that that implies) with a better stock. I had one in 0.22 shortly after they came out. It was far harsher to shoot and not as accurate as my MkII. I got rid of mine some years ago and don't regret having done so.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Personally I think the Centenary is well overrated (and therefore over-priced). It is just a '70s Airsporter (with all that that implies) with a better stock. I had one in 0.22 shortly after they came out. It was far harsher to shoot and not as accurate as my MkII. I got rid of mine some years ago and don't regret having done so.
    I would still like to own one but yes Paul, I agree with you -imo, not as good as a good Mk1 or Mk2 Airsporter!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

WOW, mine is same condition as that with the box, but do think it was overprised.
    I think a more sensible price would be between 350-400.
    Fozzy.