Thread: Melbourne Marksmen - Bell Target Victory (1st Leg)

Melbourne Marksmen - Bell Target Victory (1st Leg)

What a great evenings competition at Melbourne Marksmen on Thursday.

The annual Bell Target match with Redhill Revolvers was well attended ( Although there were a couple of notable absenses from the MM Elite group ) and the competition very tight.

Each team provided 10 competitors to shoot 2 rounds of 6 shots standard Bell Target.

The first round was full of nerves, with some seasoned members making a few mistakes and dropping shots.Although Redhill's Andy Chesterton managed to hold his nerve and score an excellent 29 ex 30.
    Melbourne spurred on by the challenge held their consistancy and took the first round win by 9 points.

Excellent sarnies and an awesome apple cake were served at half time with a few light liquid refreshments

The second round was very tight indeed with Redhill holding a slender lead right up to the final pairing shots.Nerves started to jangle again and after the last 6 shots were taken by both teams Melbourne managed to squeak into the lead by only 1 point.

So the victory of the first leg went to Melbourne Marksmen by 10 points.

We hope that will stand us in good stead for the return match at Redhill......but they have some great competitors and I am sure they will be eager to overturn the deficit and give us a good run for the Inter Club Shield.

Bring it on........

Life without happiness is no life at all.

Competition

Sorry I could not stay to see the fun. Sounds like a good night.
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

It was a good night Pete,pity you weren't able to stay.

There's always the return match

Thanks to Melbourne for hosting us and well done to you guys for winning on the night. See you on the return leg
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless.

Thanks

Thanks Paul for making it a great nights competition.It was a very close match with some good shooting from both teams.

Thanks also to Phil Bulmer and Mark his photographer (from a leading Airgun Magazine) for taking the time to attend and take photo's and talk to the team members - We are really looking forward to the article to be published and showing how much enjoyment is to be had shooting Bell Target.Thanks Again Phil

Thanks to everyone who turned out on the night and contributed to an excellent evening of shooting and banter.

Sounds like a good close competition. Sorry I couldn't make it, small health issue, a few weeks physio required which will keep me out of action for a while, keep up the good work.

Hi Nick, sorry to hear that you are suffering a bit, hope you get to feel better soon mate.(Hope the physio is young and blonde........and female with a nice pair of ....hands)

We missed you and your shooting prowess on Thursday (and your shot spotting skills with your lovely Swarovski scope).

We will need you for the return match,so get better soon Nick.

Take care mate.

Some great shooting by 'Man of the Match' Mitchel from Redhill too! That cake was awesome Jean

The Top Shot honours should really go to Andy Chesterton with a superb 29 in the first round..However the Top Spot was shared by Three competitors each scoring 54 points and getting 6 Bell Rings

So congratulations to;

Andy Chesterton - Redhill - 54 pts - 6 Bell Rings
    Bryan Rozier - Melbourne - 54 pts - 6 Bell Rings
    Mitchell Beattie - Redhill - 54 pts - 6 Bell Rings

Well done gentlemen.