Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shop wanting proof of ID to Buy Pellets

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I had to do this also, but once you have your ID scanned to your PC it's just a few clicks away.

I agree it's a pain, but it's not worth their trouble to send ammo to a pup.

James

You just dont need that hassle....Sundon model shop on fleabag .....best price and best service.....Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by tx200hc <3 View Post
    You just dont need that hassle....Sundon model shop on fleabag .....best price and best service.....Excellent.
    Agree, +1

i do not trust this bung your details all over the interweb. especially with this cloud thingy.
    just get registered with your your local gun shop. its easy.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Subtle as ever fella!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Hi Roy i doubt he knows what subtle means!!!!
    atb brian

Try grenadier supplies on the bay. I got 5 tins of rws superdomes for £28. Can't go wrong

The first time I went into the local Gun Shop to buy pellets, the owner asked me how old I was --- I told him truthfully that I was 10.

He refused to sell me any pellets as I was too young but told me to have a look round while we waited for the next adult customer to walk through the door.

When the next customer came in the owner asked the customer if he'd buy some pellets for me, the customer agreed so I had to give my money to the adult customer for him to buy the pellets.

The good old days.

Having to Email a copy of a driving licence to a shop in order to get cheap pellets is a no brainer really.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    i do not trust this bung your details all over the interweb. especially with this cloud thingy.
    just get registered with your your local gun shop. its easy.
    Good luck next time you want to buy vehicle tax, register to vote, book tickets, bank, etc etc etc. Its 2014 , not 1814
    Making waves since 1971.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tx200hc <3 View Post
    Even better as he's local to me, a good guy to deal with too.

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

To EVERYBODY - just be glad that you don't live in the Republic of Ireland, where ALL airguns of any kind are classed as firearms and require a license. Yes, I got that right, NOT a firerams certificate, but a licence. The gun, that is, NOT you. Each gun has its own gun license - 80eu for three years.

AND you need a gun license to buy airgun pellets. You might only have 500 on the license, or, if the Garda superintendent is a POS, as many of them are, he might limit you to 100. Try finding a dealer who will sel you 100 pellets at time.

No backyard plinking either. That is illegal as it effectively makes your backyard into a target shooting range, for which you have to have permission and full assessment and documentaion - just as though you were setting up a .22 range in your backyard. Oh, did I mention the cost? It costs. A lot.

Things are not good in this country, but the law in the RoI makes us look almost as good as the USA.

tac
    President - Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland [www.vcrai.com]

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    To EVERYBODY - just be glad that you don't live in the Republic of Ireland, where ALL airguns of any kind are classed as firearms and require a license. Yes, I got that right, NOT a firerams certificate, but a licence. The gun, that is, NOT you. Each gun has its own gun license - 80eu for three years.

AND you need a gun license to buy airgun pellets. You might only have 500 on the license, or, if the Garda superintendent is a POS, as many of them are, he might limit you to 100. Try finding a dealer who will sel you 100 pellets at time.

No backyard plinking either. That is illegal as it effectively makes your backyard into a target shooting range, for which you have to have permission and full assessment and documentaion - just as though you were setting up a .22 range in your backyard. Oh, did I mention the cost? It costs. A lot.

Things are not good in this country, but the law in the RoI makes us look almost as good as the USA.

tac
    Guess where the Republicans in Scotland; SNP, got their ideas from?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post

tac

And some of the State Airgun laws in the USA and Canada make it look like we have it easy as well !

All the best Mick

Wow, things have changed since I worked at Greenfields in Canterbury - I moved to the USA many moons ago, and still find it amusing that when I go to Walmart and buy 500 rounds of Remington .45 ammo, all they ask for is money....