Thread: Seeking scans of an airgun magazine article.

Seeking scans of an airgun magazine article.

I am seeking scans of an article that examined the different variations of the Acvoke pistol.
    The article was by John Atkins, and reportedly appeared in the Air Gunner Annual, 1992.
    If anyone could provide me some high resolution scans of this article, it would be most appreciated.

Hi Len,

The 1992 Airgunner Annual had a feature on 'The Helping Hands Agency', a shop from bygone days which John Atkins reminisced about. It is a fascinating article as we can all probably think of similar shops, which are now sadly gone for ever. The Acvoke is featured but not in as much detail as you may be hoping. I have the issue but regrettably no scanner. If you cannot obtain a scan, I'll ask Troubledshooter to take a copy of mine when we next meet up.

Kind regards,

John

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Hi Len,
    As John says, the said article is not specific to the Acvoke and the discussion of Acvoke variants is confined to just a couple of paragraphs. I can send you a scan of my photocopy if you would like to confirm this for yourself, but the quality will be poor. A more detailed article would be "The Acvoke Air Pistol" by Geoffrey Allen, Guns Review, Dec 1994, pp 962-967. I can let you have a good quality scan if it is of interest.

Cheers,
    John

I have received the requested scans from John Atkins - thank you very much to John for sending the scans, and as well, to whomever passed the request along.

A more detailed article would be "The Acvoke Air Pistol" by Geoffrey Allen, Guns Review, Dec 1994, pp 962-967. I can let you have a good quality scan if it is of interest.
    Hi John,
    Yes, please - I would be most interested in that article as well.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardj View Post
    I have received the requested scans from John Atkins - thank you very much to John for sending the scans, and as well, to whomever passed the request along.

Hi John,
    Yes, please - I would be most interested in that article as well.
    Scans of the article pages now sent. I hope they give you what you are looking for.

John