Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shop wanting proof of ID to Buy Pellets

Shop wanting proof of ID to Buy Pellets

Ordered 5 tins of pellets from U*****, Paid and expected delivery

got this E-Mail from them

Re. Order 415583

Dear Appinpar

Thank you for your order ref 415583

One or more of the products on your order requires the purchaser to be over the age of 18. It is a legal requirement for us to obtain proof of age when selling 'restricted products' to customers.

To proceed with the dispatch of your order we require a form of identification from the list below;

Current valid passport
    Current valid full driving licence
    Current national identity card
    Shotgun Certificate
    Firearms Licence

If you wish us to proceed with this order please fax 01603 619849 or email attachments54@****mail.com a copy of the required ID to us and we will dispatch your order without delay. (For future orders it will not be necessary to repeat this process).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but trust you are happy to assist us in complying with the law.

Kind regards,

Since when did pellets become a restricted item, requiring ID, or a firearms certificate. the fact I paid by Credit card seems lost on them!that i am obviously over 18

will be going elewhere - anyone know of any other companies that enforce their own legislation on things like this

Appinpar68

Had same problem with u. Instead of arriving next day took a couple of days.
    The Id email request was sent out after guaranteed next day delivery time deadline!

Ramsbottom never asked for proof and delivered next day!

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    A couple of points:

A shop may impose what ever restrictions they see fit.

You can get prepaid "credit-cards" under 18 years of age.

If you don't like it, tough shit. It's their shop and their rules. Why not grow up and send them the info they want or piss off and go elsewhere. It's quite simple.

id

i suppose they can impose what rules they like,but you would think that they would mention proof of age at time of sale.simple
    tench regged tac scorpion se .177

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    If you don't like it, tough shit. It's their shop and their rules. Why not grow up and send them the info they want or piss off and go elsewhere. It's quite simple.
    Subtle as ever fella!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post

Re. Order 415583

Dear Appinpar

One or more of the products on your order requires the purchaser to be over the age of 18. It is a legal requirement for us to obtain proof of age when selling 'restricted products' to customers.

To proceed with the dispatch of your order we require a form of identification from the list below;

Current valid passport
    Shotgun Certificate
    Firearms Licence

If you wish us to proceed with this order please fax 01603 619849 or email attachments54@****mail.com a copy of the required ID to us and we will dispatch your order without delay. (For future orders it will not be necessary to repeat this process).

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, but trust you are happy to assist us in complying with the law.

Kind regards,

Since when did pellets become a restricted item, requiring ID, or a firearms certificate. the fact I paid by Credit card seems lost on them!that i am obviously over 18

will be going elewhere - anyone know of any other companies that enforce their own legislation on things like this

Appinpar68
    http://basc.org.uk/airgunning/airgun...d-fact-sheets/

Click on know your law (first link)

"It is illegal to sell an air weapon or ammunition to a person under 18 years of age."
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing
    Just live with; I have to do.

It's a pain.
    Easily led

Quote Originally Posted by timmaaah View Post
    A couple of points:

A shop may impose what ever restrictions they see fit.

You can get prepaid "credit-cards" under 18 years of age.

Ha! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by appinpar68 View Post

Re. Order 415583

Dear Appinpar

Current valid passport
    Shotgun Certificate
    Firearms Licence

Kind regards,

Appinpar68
    Whilst it is a PITA, it is only them complying with the law.

It's not the end of the world to send them a copy of one form of ID and then it will be attached to your account and you'll never have the problem again.
    Get it sent and get over it. The chances are the next time you order from JSR you'll have the same thing. Or should have.

ATB. Hal.

Don't knock it, I love to be asked if I am over 18, especially at a real live checkout. I think I became this way when I reached 40, back in '92

Always handy to have a copy of your driving liscence,or passport stored already on your pc,i have,but never needed it....i must just give the impression i am old,or sound old

Why are a lot of internet sellers haappy for you to tick a box,but others are not.
    Last edited by Whistler; 20-09-2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: question,and spelling...againi!!!!
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Just photocopy your driving license, scan it, and email it to them. Job done

Mark
    Laminate stock HW100KT .177, HW100KT .22, HW95K luxus .22, BSA Meteor Mk3 .22, SMK Mod 12 .177, MAS 0.07 .177 BB CO2, Gamo P-23 CO2

Just send your copy of your driving licence ,I love it in Asda when someone being trained on the tills askes me if I am old enough to buy a bottle of rum I,am nearly 65 think its the long hair that throws them
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Just photocopy your driving license, scan it, and email it to them. Job done

Mark
    agreed........and you only have to do it once, not for each order, so no big deal really.

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    Just send your copy of your driving licence ,I love it in Asda when someone being trained on the tills askes me if I am old enough to buy a bottle of rum I,am nearly 65 think its the long hair that throws them
    Yeah I had the same experience in my local Sainsbury's awhile back when one of the staff was easily young enough to be my daughter called my young man, and no she wasn't be sarcastic,made me feel good for the rest of the day.