Thread: Rotex 8

Rotex 8

Can anyone tell me if the Rotex is regulated? Looking at the price , probably not. Any owners care to share info please??

Bob

No one??

i dont think it is mate

No I don't think so it looks like an airmagnum with a buddy bottle instead of co2

It is unregulated the R8, i have one in .22 cal its imo
    excellent value for the money and a great entry pcp.
    atb brian

Thanks lads. I'm after a .22 pcp but will probably buy British, just wanted to check on the Walt.

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    It is unregulated the R8, i have one in .22 cal its imo
    excellent value for the money and a great entry pcp.
    atb brian
    I thought it used the Dominator reg (which is a bit like a paintball reg) but with a steel buddy bottle. I had a regged 850 airmagnum, 200cc tank, 15 inch barrel, .22, 180 shots, which is right around what the R8 is doing.

Which air rifle manufacturer is British owned (not foreign owned, British production plant etc) and makes a British pcp that's components are wholly British sourced, and sells at £400 ... its not a catch someone out, in an attempt to prove a point type question .. its simply curiosity ... atb

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggyreels View Post
    Which air rifle manufacturer is British owned (not foreign owned, British production plant etc) and makes a British pcp that's components are wholly British sourced, and sells at £400 ... its not a catch someone out, in an attempt to prove a point type question .. its simply curiosity ... atb
    Do I win the cigaur I would say no one dose but thats the gobal economy for you

I know its only one video but that 2pence group at 26yard
    An old little Gamo springer Nick G recently fixed for me pisses all over it.

BSA Ultra, or Air Arms S400 (although the barrel is german). There's not a great deal of PCP's british made in the £400 ballpark

You can get a Brocock Concept Super 6 for under £400, though there foriegn owned now by the same group that own Daystate.

Think the Walther R8 will be one if not the biggest selling pcp's within 18 months .. Brocock appear to be in turmoil "no response for people attempting to contact, regards to spares etc" ... looks wise is in the eye of the viewer. Personally l view the BSA Ultra as ungainly, but thats just my take on what l see .. Gamo Coyote could be another significent option ... Brocock might end up being the more affordable arm of Daystate, so too speak ..

Regards the grouping in the video .. thats the presenters efforts, and his chosen pellet selection. l just know what they are capable, because l own one. Sure there are many good pcp's out there. Though whether the cost is comparible with quality and ability is debatable since the new brace of pcp's have been released R8/Coyote !! ... then there is the Hatsan AT44 .. choice is good