Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weston park game fair

weston park game fair

what did you think of the show this year.

Honest opinion, I mentioned two years ago how much life this Fair has left in it.

game fair

I didn't go last year cause I broke my foot, I took two friends who were looking for airgun related products and both were dissapointed at the lack of product,
    It used to be such a good day out it had everything, but I felt bad for misleading my friends, we came away early. wont be going again, some how the fair has lost its way.
    Last edited by snock; 21-09-2014 at 09:06 PM.

I went last year and vowed never to go again. For the airgunner it was very dissapointing ,unless you are flush and looking for the latest all singing all dancing top of the range air rifle, in which case you probably thought it was ok.
    But.....most ordinary airgunners are looking for good second hand guns and kit, in which case the airgun expo is a big FAIL.

Pete.

As usual I had a blinder, despite limping around with busted ligaments. Loved the shows and enjoyed catching up with my mates who were exhibiting and doing their bit to promote the sport. I hope it carries on for many years to come.
    Came away with a cheap garden tool for hacking away branches, and a coat hanger. If I want bargains, I'll look on one of the Facebook pages or car boot sales.

ATB - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hi lads
    I said a few years ago after queuing hours to get in,that's the year they
    were taking money at the gate that it would be the last time ,but as I was
    Taking the wife to see her sister in Wolverhampton so I though I'll
    Risk it .only went down gun makers row and airgun expo it's just not the same
    As the early years as another post says lack of product
    Les

twas my first year there and i thought it was a pretty good show let down a lot by a poor layout
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    Honest opinion, I mentioned two years ago how much life this Fair has left in it.
    car boot and a market has more to offer its to dear for both the stall holders and the public i hope they go broke its the first time for 20 years i have missed going ,rifle craft , knibbs ,and others do not attend now its a waste of time totaly

Hi

I went to the fair today, it was my first time.

Whilst I agree with many of the comments already made and from that perspective it was disappointing, I really think it depends what your expectations are. After all this was a Game Fair.

Yes I thought airguns were poorly represented in terms of sales (no Weihrauch) but BSA, Daystate, Gamo, Walther and a few others were there along with the magazines. It was good to see the new Daystate Forrester and get to handle it along with the new Walthers, Impact Airguns and Air Arms. The new fully adjustable BSA PCP looked impressive too but you weren't allowed to touch them

If you want clothes, then there are some great prices.

But the fair isn't just about airguns, I enjoyed the falconry, the hounds, gundog trials, sheep shearing, cider .......

notlob

the latter, cider makes fat women look nice maybe if they gave you a couple of pints before you go in ...

weston park

what the event needs is less clothes and more gun related products, somebody must know why its gone down hill, could it be to expensive to exhibit. in its hay day to my mind it even beat the cla game fair. airgun expo was very poor.

I didnt go last year but went this year with my wife , daughter and her boyfriend . As they had`nt been before ,They were blown away by all the sights and sounds and really enjoyed it . Personally i enjoyed it too , Some bargains to be had on the clothes stands , plenty to see regarding shows, displays ect

Airgun stands all seemed quite busy , with plenty having a go at the different guns on the have a go ranges .
    It was nice to have a brief chat with jim tyler on the airgun world stand , Had the poor chaps up the wall trying to decide what free gift i would have for the subscription (decided on binoculars in the end )

Had a go on the basc shotgun range , fantastic tuition from a very patient instructor (managed to hit quite a few )

As said before it is a game fair and not just a airgun fair so broadly speaking i thought it was great ,, ( Always room for improvement , and i too would like to see more airgun stands , selling second hand , )

As above - my missus and I always have a good few hours watching the shows and learning about other country sports. We wouldn't have booked a day flying birds of prey earlier this year had we not watched the display at the MGF last year. A massive secondhand section, or even the vintage airgun fair that's held in Derby would be great to have there. However, I know it's expensive to obtain a stall and if people are going to stop attending then it's never going to happen.
    Personally I think twenty quid entry ( and the associated costs of going ), once a year, isn't asking much for a great day out - or at least not doing the same thing you would every other Saturday/Sunday.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Its not as good for airgunners as years gone by but still better than cutting the lawn or going around shops with the MRS , got an MTC Gen ultra lite for £1OO so worth going for that . Watched some clay shooting and got some cheap mole traps . Got ripped off with a glass cutting knife sharpening mullti tool thingy that came with a drill chuck thing , tried too sharpen a knife when got home and it was rubbish recon the bloke doing the demonstration had the real deal then handed out crap in the bags . Anyone else get one
    A few nice rifles

Looking at what's on offer for the whole day, it's not bad. I was a bit disappointed with the air rifle offering, but you still had major brands (and retailers) exhibiting. I also got to try the Gamo Coyote and Daystate Wolverine B (again). My mate's son came away with a bargain MTC scope from their stand, so he was over the moon. Me? I bought some pellets, a game bag and some springs for my ferret's water bottles (Hollywood or what!). I also met up with some old friends and enjoyed the demo's.