Thread: Hw35 parts question

Hw35 parts question

Just picked up an HW35 which needs work but never done one of these Weihrauch's before so where can I buy parts like main spring and washer etc. ?
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

T W Chambers amongst others.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks.

If you have a local shop, one that you like and would like to support, ask him to order any bits in for you. Assuming that the shop is a Weihrauch dealer and has an account with Hull Cartridge, they can normally supply the parts very quickly.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I have found Chambers very good a quick with parts,I found one friday afternoon that I had robbed my last pair of Weihrauch barrel shims frantic phonecall at around 4.20pm to the Black Isle to order 8 as the rifle was needed on the saturday PM they where there the following morning thats better than first class service so now all my parts come from Chambers
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Are there still new original parts around for the old HW35 to be had from Hull Cartridge then or have the parts like main spring and seals not changed over the years ?

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    I have found Chambers very good a quick with parts,I found one friday afternoon that I had robbed my last pair of Weihrauch barrel shims frantic phonecall at around 4.20pm to the Black Isle to order 8 as the rifle was needed on the saturday PM they where there the following morning thats better than first class service so now all my parts come from Chambers
    I have used them and found the service to be quick and efficient.

Also, being a grumpy old dinosaur, I prefer to be able to order by phone, which they are happy with.

Recommended.
    Last edited by TonyL; 25-09-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    Are there still new original parts around for the old HW35 to be had from Hull Cartridge then or have the parts like main spring and seals not changed over the years ?
    Most parts, even for the old one, are available, as, I think, many parts will be the same.

You may well struggle to obtain a leather piston seal. Most suppliers, however, can supply an adaptor which will take the later synthetic seal. Many people say that the firing cycle isn't as nice when using the later seal with an older cylinder, as the transfer port diameter is larger on the older guns, but I have one thus fitted and it's actually rather nice. Some people will sleeve the larger port down to around 3mm, from its original 4mm diameter.

Must admit, though, I did manage to obtain a leather seal last year which I will fit to this early gun at some point, just because I think it will feel "nice and proper" as the factory intended.

Or you could hunt about for a leather seal. Or make one....there is a guide on here somewhere (I think in the Useful section) that explains how to go about making a leather seal.

Hope this helps a little.

I don't believe Chambers are supplying genuine springs (thread here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ers-Gun-Makers ), which I think is a bit of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I don't believe Chambers are supplying genuine springs (thread here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ers-Gun-Makers ), which I think is a bit of a problem.
    Another good reason to have a word with your local HW stockist and ask them to get a genuine one form HC.

Although, when I get the chance to next tinker with mine, I'm really fancying pursuing my idea of fitting a spring of thinner wire, intended for a 25/26mm '77, or even an LGV spring, mated to a nice, thick piston sleeve.

May work out well, may not...but got a feeling it'd turn out nice.

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.