Thread: Umarex 1911 Pachmayr Grips

Umarex 1911 Pachmayr Grips

Hi all,

I'm looking to get some Pachmayr grips (specifically rosewood with wrap around rubber connecting the two sides) and was wondering how difficult it actually is to retro fit the steel plate from the right grip panel of the Umarex 1911 so that it would fit snugly and without wobbling. Any tips/tricks? I've seen a number of IPAS guys with similar grips on their guns and so was wondering just how feasible it is?

Thanks in advance,

Oli

I've got them on one of my my umarex 1911's there held on but the screws one side and by magnets on the other. I was told later that I could of used a umarex smith and wesson grip plate but never got round to seeing if I could get it done. Can't work out how to post photos so here a link to mine

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...bout13938.html

This is extremely helpful, but could you clarify a little when you talk about the 'magnets' as I'm not sure I know what you mean. Also, are you telling me that the 1911 grip screws that come with the pachmayr grips screw nicely into the umarex 1911 frame?

Quote Originally Posted by oling View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking to get some Pachmayr grips (specifically rosewood with wrap around rubber connecting the two sides) and was wondering how difficult it actually is to retro fit the steel plate from the right grip panel of the Umarex 1911 so that it would fit snugly and without wobbling. Any tips/tricks? I've seen a number of IPAS guys with similar grips on their guns and so was wondering just how feasible it is?

Thanks in advance,

Oli

A dremel type tool and a bit of time is all it takes, if you screw the spring to the grips you can mark where you need to cut away the wood, I have done it on both wood and plastic grips, its not to hard.

The Magnets freeballer is referring to is you screw the none opening side to the gun (the holes should line up or be very close) the other side has magnets either stuck to the grips or recessed in and these actually grip the CO2 cart when fitted and depending on strength can be quite good. i prefer the spring clip though.
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Not quite yourquestion but pachmyr american legend grips ordered from usbay screwed straight on to replace my hw45 wood grips, now have rubber finger grooves
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk