Thread: Rellum air pistol. The Hurricane.

Rellum air pistol. The Hurricane.

Hi all has anyone any info on these, it’s an under lever pistol with a cut out in the stock at the back which I thought was maybe the incorrect wooden body for the gun, however after a lot of looking around on the net can see it’s for an optional wire stock which would have been available some years ago.

The pistol is in very poor condition externally and has some issues the worst being the barrel moves (swivels) both left and right. On stripping the action the internals are not too bad but I am unsure of the following:

I removed the barrel from the main cylinder without too much fuss as it is threaded into position and looks like it may have been locked in place with a retaining screw which would have passed through the body and into the barrel via a blind hole – trouble is I can’t see a screw head in the cylinder but there is a blind hole on the underside of the barrel. There is some thread damage when someone took it apart at some point in it’s life.

I do not want to drill into the main tube if there in not meant to be a retaining screw – has anyone worked on one of these before?

Any info gratefully appreciated – Nige.

I have one of these, will dig it out and see for you atb Dave

Much appreciated – Thanks, Nige.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Smith100 View Post

Hi all has anyone any info on these, it’s an under lever pistol with a cut out in the stock at the back which I thought was maybe the incorrect wooden body for the gun, however after a lot of looking around on the net can see it’s for an optional wire stock which would have been available some years ago.

The pistol is in very poor condition externally and has some issues the worst being the barrel moves (swivels) both left and right. On stripping the action the internals are not too bad but I am unsure of the following:

I removed the barrel from the main cylinder without too much fuss as it is threaded into position and looks like it may have been locked in place with a retaining screw which would have passed through the body and into the barrel via a blind hole – trouble is I can’t see a screw head in the cylinder but there is a blind hole on the underside of the barrel. There is some thread damage when someone took it apart at some point in it’s life.

I do not want to drill into the main tube if there in not meant to be a retaining screw – has anyone worked on one of these before?

Any info gratefully appreciated – Nige.
    I have just looked on mine and there is a screw head on the underside of the cylinder. Without taking it apart, I would guess it is the same size and thread as the screw that holds the spring and ball in for the loading tap. Strip down guide for the other stuff in the "Idiots guide" sticky.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I have just looked on mine and there is a screw head on the underside of the cylinder. Without taking it apart, I would guess it is the same size and thread as the screw that holds the spring and ball in for the loading tap. Strip down guide for the other stuff in the "Idiots guide" sticky.
    Just beet me to it, has the fine gentleman says in his post, good luck.

Many thanks – looks like a drill out and re tap job…. All the best – regards, Nige.