Thread: AA Diablo Express VS JSB Express & the supply of.

AA Diablo Express VS JSB Express & the supply of.

On Sunday I bought a tin of AA Diablo Express and tried them yesterday, I was impressed they worked really well from my MK4.
    Sadly I only bought one tin to be on the safe side in-case they didn’t work out.

So I have now ordered a tin of the JSB version to see what they are like. The JSB seem more readily available, but if the JSB aren’t as good then there seems to be very limited supply of AA express. Only Uttings seem to stock them, Uttings price on them seems okay but the postage seems a bit of a killer. The price at the show was £8 per tin for the AA`s which was great.

Anyone else getting good results with either of these?
    Also does anyone have a local RFD stocking these? I’ve had a phone around and cant find a local stockist, but some would order some in if I buy a couple of hundred quid’s worth

Am going to SFS in a week or so and was wondering if anyone has any contacts at AA that could pass me some details to see if as am in the area I could buy some direct from them which also means there’s likely to be less damaged pellets buying direct.

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

Jsb

Hi

i order a sleeve of JSBs at a time from Intershoot (reduced price if you order a sleeve). Excellent on price and delivery times.

atb

Aye JSB Express are indeed cracking pellets....

Tho there is no UK stock in .22 which gives me the right hump
    especially when they go great through my gun and I've set up for them.

They work a treat in my R10,TX and Prosport.
    Ive used the JSB version also which were accurate,but i found the AA version seem to be made of a softer lead.
    Which resulted in a higher fps,than JSB Express.

I used to order mine from Intershoot until a RFD 50 miles away started stocking them.
    Now i get them from them.

Use AA's in a HW100, better results than JSB, Locally to me, available at Sportsman, and I believe from Sportarm, Dorchester.
    PURBECK FTC (formally South Dorset FTC) SWEFTA League Champions 2011
    HW100k, Daystate Tsar, BSA Stalker

Already you're seeing differences in preference down to barrel/rifle combinations. some prefer AA some JSB so the only way is to compare both side by side with a quick barrel clean when switching between each pellet type.

personally.....

Myself and my mate use the same Batch of JSB's and they are the best in 2 models of Steyr, HW100, MPR and S400. I have used the AA's but found that they moved almost double in the wind when shot side by side with another Steyr. We even switched pellets to see if it was down to the barrel but no, the AA's moved almost double in the wind in both guns. If it was purely down to group sizes then the 7,9gr JSB exact express were the best but the differences in group size compared to the 8,44gr JSB's at 45 yards was negligable. I'm lucky in that i have a contact through a Czech shooter who brings me pellets directly from the JSB factory at 5 pounds a tin that he has batch tested in JSB's indoor range with 3 different rifles. If i didn't have that contact i would probably go through BAR or Intershoot.

i know there's a bit down to the shooter but a workman is no good without the correct tools...since using this batch.

HFT Worlds 4th
    NEFTA hunter 1st and 2nd 2014
    NEFTA hunter 1st 2013
    Emley extreme 1st 2014
    HFT Classic winner 2013 and 2014
    currently 9th and 10th UKAHFT open

All i will say though is try not to get too anal when it comes to grouping. If i shoot too long onto paper i tire and the groups start to get worse If i was hunting i would apply the same rules that i use for HFT....as long as i can group sub 15mm (consistantly) at 35 yards then that's good enough for me. With no signs of flyers.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

AA diabolo express are brilliant in my AA s410 .177. I have yet to try JSB express but believe they will be just as good and are generally a little cheaper. No supplier locally as you have found, so internet is our friend here.
    Pete.

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I've been using the AA Express versions in my AA S410 for a year and it gets on with them really well, even a HW100 I picked up a couple of weeks ago seems to like them. The issue I find is the damn price! local dealers have some stock but at £13 a tin for .177 I think the JSB versions will have to be sought from Intershoot for a better rate.

I still have 5 tins of the old mozzy's and they are great in my S410 too, I just don't want to use them up whilst a viable alternative exists. price of those was £5.95 a tin! Ahh, the good old days