Thread: What rifle?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    funkedup is offline Surely you can do better than that!!!
    HW100 with NV on, are you mad?

It will weigh the same as a small car

I wouldn't mind an AAS200 with multi shot adapter for NV but I like my Rapids too much

Also, I wouldn't mind trying all of these
    http://www.edgun.com/en
    http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/KalibrGun.html
    http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-bobcat/
    Last edited by funkedup; 24-09-2014 at 09:34 AM.
    Wanted - Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 tactical

Quote Originally Posted by funkedup View Post
    Wibble?

So... Should I just put it on the HW77 then?

I wouldn't mind an AAS200 with multi shot adapter for NV but I like my Rapids too much

Also, I wouldn't mind trying all of these
    http://www.edgun.com/en
    http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/KalibrGun.html
    http://www.fxairguns.com/rifle/the-bobcat/
    Hmm. That's another one in favour of the S200 then; I admit I'd dismissed them as single-shot and forgotten there was an adapter.

The bullpups look nice, but so far I haven't used a bullpup where the trigger wasn't compromised (admittedly none of them were air rifles though). I'd need to handle anything in person before making my mind up and finding a stockist could be interesting.

One daft question - can you decock an HW100? Ended up quite used to making the S410 safe (ish) before clambering over fences & the likes.
    Peter

Another vote for the HW100 - best loading system out there.

On the QC front, Daystate have seemingly gone downhill with this too recently.

You're talking MatchBox cars right?
    There's a near as brand new HW100 up at my local shop with a full length A&M cylinder on it that weighs a few pounds. I could shoot it like a pistol, and I'm hardly Mr.Universe.

To the OP:
    Yes the HW100 can be decocked, plus it also has a safety. Aftermarket mags are a pain in the arris in my opinion - the HW has the best mag system going, again, in my experience.

ATB - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

7.3lb in standard carbine form or 8.4lb in standard sporter form.

S200 5.8lbs

Lets not forget by the time you add the nv set up (which is usually heavy) when including the likes of doublers and illuminators could make an 8.4lb rifle more like 11lb not so good when mooching about all night with it.

7.3lb in standard carbine form or 8.4lb in standard sporter form.

S200 5.8lbs

Lets not forget by the time you add the nv set up (which is usually heavy) when including the likes of doublers and illuminators could make an 8.4lb rifle more like 11lb not so good when mooching about all night with it.
    Weight of which is mostly made up by the steel cylinder.
    A&M or ISP or a number of others, offer cylinders in aluminium and titanium, saving a chunk of weight as I originally said.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I owned a HW100 with a V-Mach cylinder and sporter stock, still found it heavy and would never have put NV on it. My opinion and each to their own. Some people like heavier guns.

There is no getting away from the mag system and cocking of the gun. also they are deadly accurate and quiet.

I also agree they they are a great gun and anyone buying one wouldn't be disappointed.

Lightweight, regulated, reliable and magazine fed? you might also want to look at an FX cutlas or cyclone. Polymer stocked versions should be available for less than a grand, won't mark up if you are knocking them about in the dark and the alloy actions are nice and light.

HW100S with a A&M cylinder should do the job. People complain the 100 is too heavy but I find it just right. The HW77 is much heavier.

How about an Evanix Rainstorm – more rails than you can fill with stuff (torches / lamps / lazers / NV) well balanced – 13 shot magazine in .177 and very good build quality.
    Minimal muzzle report when fired but I fitted a SAK moderator because I could, no other reason.
    High shot capacity – approx 170 pr fill.
    Magazine insists on long pellets (I use Magnums) and have no problems plinking at 60 + yards on knock down / re set targets in the right conditions for a sub 12ft lb air rifle.
    1 year into ownership and no issues at all.
    All the best – Nige.

Mmmm

I have a 510 and vouch for it day and night I slip on a diy nv setup, super accurate, simple loading and a workhorse, that said Ive just bought an R10 .22 and cant fault that either as I wanted a big shot count for ratting. The only difference is the holdover/under with the .22
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Fx verminator

Sub 1K .... Walther Rotex R8 in .177 & a second R8 in .22 .. plus two spare mags for each calibre ... both lighter than HW 100 ... both made in Germany ... its an idea !