Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I have an FAC rated Air Ranger with the Harper slingshot system fitted. Set at 30ftlb it's as quiet as a mouse fart so I don't know what you are on about. The Daystate sales, service and repair support are second to none so you obviously got off on the wrong foot.
    I'm glad you're happy mate, makes no odds to me.
    I'm not the only one that thinks the Regal is loud though and if you shoot one next to any other modern PCP the action is louder.
    I've had 5 Huntsman derivatives because I kept getting drawn in by the looks and all five were the same. Daystates after sales service was no worse than most others but still hit and miss.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I'm glad you're happy mate, makes no odds to me.
    I'm not the only one that thinks the Regal is loud though and if you shoot one next to any other modern PCP the action is louder.
    I've had 5 Huntsman derivatives because I kept getting drawn in by the looks and all five were the same. Daystates after sales service was no worse than most others but still hit and miss.

Chris
    Maybe you can hear the action compared to others because the rest of the gun is so quiet you can hear the action. The worst customer service came from Theoben and Hull Cartridge are hit and miss. The best customer care comes from Air Arms and Daystate.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Maybe you can hear the action compared to others because the rest of the gun is so quiet you can hear the action. The worst customer service came from Theoben and Hull Cartridge are hit and miss. The best customer care comes from Air Arms and Daystate.
    If that's your experience then fine. It's not mine though.
    Regarding the action noise, it's just louder mate. Even on the DOC there are lots of posts about it and my trips to the range with my Classics and Regals have taught me what's what compared to others.
    Like I said, if you're happy with them good luck to you, I wasn't. I don't have a particular loyalty to any manufacturer, I've just ended up with what works for me. Believe me it was a long and expensive journey.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Well, after going to see some rifles in person I've come away with an HW100KT. Lovely pointable little rifle, not very heavy and with the NV on

Many thanks for everyone's advice.

here we go again! is this turning into a "my gun is better than your gun" thread?

The OP has made his mind up and already bought a gun and I am sure it will serve him well.

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    here we go again! is this turning into a "my gun is better than your gun" thread?

The OP has made his mind up and already bought a gun and I am sure it will serve him well.
    Just responding to other posts.
    I thought it would be OK to talk about air rifles on an airgun forum. Like most coversations this one has followed a course.
    Good luck to the OP.

Chris

Just responding to other posts.
    I thought it would be OK to talk about air rifles on an airgun forum. Like most coversations this one has followed a course.
    Good luck to the OP.

Chris
    Don't worry mate. I expected the responses from these because not one opinion but theirs means anything. (rapid owners)
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Don't worry mate. I expected the responses from these because not one opinion but theirs means anything. (rapid owners
    Ah, I see now mate. .

Chris

Don't worry mate. I expected the responses from these because not one opinion but theirs means anything. (rapid owners)
    Your talking boll0cks yet again Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bucketboy View Post
    Your talking boll0cks yet again Rob
    People discussing a topic and you put your size 11 into it. Your just full of sh*t so go an play somewhere else.

People discussing a topic and you put your size 11 into it. Your just full of sh*t so go an play somewhere else.
    Yes, it's very rude of you to butt in.
    By the way BB, not only is my rifle better than yours but my willy is enormous too .

Chris

Yes, it's very rude of you to butt in.
    By the way BB, not only is my rifle better than yours but my willy is enormous too .

Chris

Bb