Thread: Lee Decapping Thingy...:)

Lee Decapping Thingy...:)

Hiya, hopefully someone can help with info for me please.

I'm just starting reloading, and doing not bad , up till this evening, when I got a case stuck in the full length sizer, ( forgot to lube them ) I dismantled the die, and got the decapping" rod out, complete with a stuck case, and eventually bent the rod trying to remove the rod...or, in fact it might have been bent , with me not lubing the cases.......so, need another, or two...just in case...

Anyone know if I can buy just the rod?? I've been on all the sites i can think of, incl Lee, and cant for the life of me see any...

BTW, it's for .222...

Thanks in advance guys..

I know Sportsman have them in various sizes on the display stand along with case length gauges, holders, cutters etc

But any RFD with the Lee catalogue should be able to order a replacement for you.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I know Sportsman have them in various sizes on the display stand along with case length gauges, holders, cutters etc

But any RFD with the Lee catalogue should be able to order a replacement for you.
    Excellent stuff, Bushwear here I come...

Thanks Angrybear...

Kranks usually have a stock of rods, I've had a couple off them. Pretty quick, £4 for postage.

I have done the same and same cal.

Titan reloading, nice and easy, take paypal and only. Took a couple of days. Cheaper than lee as well.

Thanks guys, I've got an account with Kranks, didnt think of them...Titan is in the States tho...think postage would be more than the item...

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie View Post
    Thanks guys, I've got an account with Kranks, didnt think of them...Titan is in the States tho...think postage would be more than the item...
    If its only small items then its dirt cheap. I paid £1.78 delivered for states.

Hiya, I nipped into Bushwear this afternoon, and have now got the decapping pins on order, one for .222, and just in case, one for the 243...should be here in a few days...

Thanks again guys...