Thread: haenel

haenel

Remeber seeing a Haenel pre war underleaver fitted with a drum magazine that looked a bit like the Lewis light machine gun( one of my fave machine guns) in an article in AGW a while ago. Think its was a model 4 or 5. I have since learnded the drum mag was actually a BSA design but never used by them for some strange reason. So are these rifles any good, and are they expensive second hand

Yes thats it thanks for the link, just love that and the mag is indexed by a little pawl indexed by the underleaver wonder if they worked better with ball ammo, be good on rats, and it fuels my dream of using the legendary Lewis gun

Seems like a rare beast Dave, that relies quite a bit on gravity... I wonder what happens if you load it up then flip it over to check the stock screws

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    Yes thats it thanks for the link, just love that and the mag is indexed by a little pawl indexed by the underleaver wonder if they worked better with ball ammo, be good on rats, and it fuels my dream of using the legendary Lewis gun
    Dave if you look at the galleries HERE (under 'Haenel') and HERE you can see pics of both the Haenel and the BSA version of the drum repeater.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Seems like a rare beast Dave, that relies quite a bit on gravity... I wonder what happens if you load it up then flip it over to check the stock screws
    Haenel thought of that, as Lawrie's pics HERE show.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Dave if you look at the galleries HERE (under 'Haenel') and HERE you can see pics of both the Haenel and the BSA version of the drum repeater.
    thank you Sir, thats amazing.

thats really very clever, workmanship looks awesome.

Haenel thought of that, as Lawrie's pics HERE show.
    Oh my... and it was at that exact point in time that Haenel's level of awesomeness became complete!

wasnt there cheaf dessinger between the wars no less then Louis Schmiser deigner of the first modern assult rifle the Stug 44

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    wasnt there cheaf dessinger between the wars no less then Louis Schmiser deigner of the first modern assult rifle the Stug 44
    The Haenel air rifle drum repeater UK patent was submitted in the name of Louis' sons, Hans and Hugo. See HERE.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

The Haenel air rifle drum repeater UK patent was submitted in the name of Louis' sons, Hans and Hugo. See HERE.
    Thanks on that, another rifle in my sights to get when funds allow.