Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Police visit

Frisp Guest

Asbos

ASBOS are there for a specific purpose. if I have to start living my life in fear of doing something which is my legal right. Im outa here, sod the pension. We need our basic frredoms and rights if its lawfull and you want to do it , desire to do it then do it.
    Im minded to consider ASBOS for those who feel the urge to complain malicously on a regular basis. Because whats more anti social than srepeatedly sending officials around to an innocent person enjoying their rights

shrendi Guest
    ASBOS are knee jerk devolved to local level, if a number of people complain it will not matter that you have done nothing, there is no chance to make your case in court. Sadly most popular belief is ill informed and ready prejudice informs most. If somone is a genuine threat or is effecting peoples quality of life then normal due process however flawed is preferable to local council dictat.

Landswehr Guest
    Good stuff Frisp. Welcome! Good to see another sensible up-front cop out there. You're among friends (and a few excellent equals) if that's your posting style.

Have a good weekend.

BC

debaser Guest
    Hello,

Jase74 I'm a copper so I'll give you my opinion, although I work in east London in the Met so don't know how relevant it will be to you.

1. Carry on plinking! It's you right as long as the pellet dosn't cross your boundry etc...

2. If you want to make a complaint against this officer then do it, PACE states a officer of the rank of Inspector or above should Investigate a complaint but any officer could report it. If you send it to a Chief superintendent or any high rank they will only pass it down (There properly playing golf somewhere anyway!). So either arrange to meet a Inspector or Sergeant and speak to them one to one. I'm a Sergeant and If I was told this I'd speek to the PC involved and give him a right old something!

3. With regards to a warrent, I've got to say the officer proberly could get one as most magistrates I've come accross are useless and do not understand law. However if the rifle is sub 12ftlbs and you have done nothing wrong, then you having nothing to fear.

Good luck

Cheers

Mike H Guest
    Hi Jase,
    got the policemans number ?
    Mike.

I would go ballistic if the coppers came and accused me of shooting cats without evidence!
    2 x Rapids
    FX
    AA etc..

Hi all

thanks again to everyone who responded,particulary the guys on the force, I realise this could not have been easy for you guys to comment on.I was very surprised at how much of a stir this post caused,I never imagined it get so many responses.This was never meant to be an anti-police posting I just felt I was being treated unfairly.Also i have not decided what action if any I will take as my wife would like me to leave it at that as the kids were a little alarmed to have a policeman here saying about the house being searched,guns seized,myself be put into a cell if.........well you know how they try to scare you. Apparently this constable is meant to be very fair %90 of the time,maybe he was having a bad day.I help out up the local junior school(football training)and shoot with one of the teachers who knows this constable well, he was very surprised when I told him of his attitude,like I say maybe I caught him on a bad day.my appearance maybe another factor,I do have a shaved head and a goatee plus i was wearing an england shirt at the time,so he may have thought I was an thug with an airrifle, who knows. Anyway thats enough for now thanks again to everyone,

best wishes and safeshooting

Jase

Then speak to this officer and sort it out 1 2 1.

But do not do NOTHING......

I support the police 100%.

Our local rag have gone anti replica guns. I happen to agree with the principle of not letting youngsters or pillarks have this type of equipment, but they quoted a bloke at a car boot sale who said the gas powered BB gun he sold to the reporter was capable of killing rodents, cat and maybe even dogs....FFS......

And a tactical firearms officer was quoted as saying that "this weapon is as powerful as an air rifle. Well if it was, the rifle could only be 6 ft lbs then.......

And the picture on the front page was that of a female tactical firearms officer pointing a real Glock pistol and the rep directly at the camera with the legend "which one is the real thing?"

I also noticed that she had both fingers on the triggers - ****** good practice for a professional marksman......NOT.

They also made the point that a lot of the shouts they get are related to youths pissing about and to be honest, they ****** well deserve to have a heckler and koch shoved up their hooter (although I can think of somewhere a lot better than that).

And whats more - they should be prosecuted to the full force of the law. There is plenty of effective legislation to do that right now.

But it was the very biased way in which it was put over and not a dispassionate and balanced observation that it should have been.

It makes me spit - so please do not let this matter lay - as I said earlier - it can be dealt with in a very civil and friendly matter but dont let anybody ****** well walk all over you......

Good shooting

Jase...

When I was working along side the RN I made several trips from the training areas and refuge they use on Dartmoor terminating in the pub at Princeton and I cant think of a much more rural area than where you live (other than up here in Scotland). So I'm surprised it has been an issue for you.

The numbers or marines who yomp around the area tooled up I would have thought the locals were used to seeing guns!

I was invited to a clayshoot when down there which took place only just off the road?

I think you should take the advice of others who have spoken before and at least get your denial on record.

As for the Police they came in all shapes and sizes. One who came to tell my family my brother had been killed by a drunk driver still sends my mum some flowers each year around the anniversary of his death and he was a consumate professional that couldnt have been a nicer guy if he tried.

On the other hand some years later I had the misfortune to be behind a car that knocked a little girl down and killed her and after calling an ambulance and making a statement to an officer I did as he requested and went to move my car (I'd put it close to the girl with the hazards on to protect where she lay) As I did this I was grabbed by the arm and told "f off, its not a spectator sport" I was badly shaken up and although he apoligised when he realiased what was going on I always thought what a terrible way to greet the public. I wasnt very old back then and was pretty upset by it, however now I'd have his number and complain.

We need more like the "Eric" the family friend and we need to support these guys for the difficult job they do.

It strikes me the Police service is in real turmoil with the "old school" constantly having to make up for the ones who just sit back and take their pay whilst following the path of least resistance.

A friend who is a decent guy is full of stories of some of his colleagues who will cherefully "find" a drunk and disorderly to nick on a cold evening simply so they are back in a nice warm nick for a few hours doing paperwork.

Alternatively if they come across some "real" drunks they will cherfully leave it until they have worn themselves out on each other for fear of getting thumped before jumping in to stop things

I dont think that any "genuine" officer would be offended by your querying what happend with his superiors, after all if he was doing his duty, its not a problem for him, if he wasn't then he deserves to be followed up and have his motivation corrected.

Nice to see some good guys posting

Good luck
    If it has a trigger, I'm gonna enjoy it!