Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sandwell field sports Tuning options

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Saving yourself a heap of squids doing it.
    But will the rifle be as good as It would be If you took It to one of the best tuners In the country, that's the question
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    But will the rifle be as good as It would be If you took It to one of the best tuners In the country, that's the question
    Depending on one's ability to finish the job properly, quite possibly. How good the finished article really is comes down to personal preference and what you aim to achieve.

sfs

I would not by a potato gun from them
    I bought a hw 45 from them -- it was not shooting right the trigger seemed way to heavy so I went to ajust it --the grubscrew was missing
    even my mate checked it for me and it was gone
    I took it back and told them tony took it back to workshop came back and asked what I was talking about its there plain to see - yes it was but he lied he fitted one ---- why lie --- I was just happy it was sorted

Who voted him one of the best tuners in the country?

vote

he voted himself

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Who voted him one of the best tuners in the country?
    From Info, good reviews, videos on the Tube and basically just things that I've read from people on different forums over many years. Also, anybody who has to wait nearly 6 months for a tuned springer clearly shows the demand for one of Tony's rifles. Of course, you will always get the odd person who totally disagrees and says something totally different. This will always be the case whatever the product when so many are sold. I can only speak for myself In that I have always had nothing but A1 service at SFS and that my .22 Imp Is a joy to shoot and definitely a keeper,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    From Info, good reviews, videos on the Tube and basically just things that I've read from people on different forums over many years. Also, anybody who has to wait nearly 6 months for a tuned springer clearly shows the demand for one of Tony's rifles. Of course, you will always get the odd person who totally disagrees and says something totally different. This will always be the case whatever the product when so many are sold. I can only speak for myself In that I have always had nothing but A1 service at SFS and that my .22 Imp Is a joy to shoot and definitely a keeper,

John
    I have to agree, although I haven't had anything tuned by Tony for many years as I've become more of a collector but I used to (and still do when I ring up now) get a brilliant service, his tuning has always been spot on as well, I've sent him some right old "filling shakers" in the past and they've come back pleasant to shoot.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

There seems to be a lot of very skilful chaps knocking about in this community​ - I think it just attracts the type of people that have to have a tinker with things.

I've had a mid 80s HW77 that SFS had tuned and, it was one of the nicest springers that I've shot.
    Also, I have a friend oop North that tunes all of his own springers - his HW97 is probably THE nicest springer that I've shot so far.

All of the above.

I had a .22 HW80 stage 1 tuned by SFS, no complaints it was nice and smooth to shoot. I would recommend them for both customer service and workmanship.
    I'd imagine in the future his custom rifles such as the Imp will be quite collectable. Turn around can be quite a wait though.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22