Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sandwell field sports Tuning options

sandwell field sports Tuning options

anyone have the details of the different stages now days...? Is the piston buttoned in a stage 1 tune?

what rifle?

Your best bet is to call them and discuss it with them, saves incorrect info being given and you being misled !

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    Your best bet is to call them and discuss it with them, saves incorrect info being given and you being misled !

ATB

Matt
    I was going call him mate but given how busy Tony is when I've called before I thought I'd get an idea of what's done in a stage 1 as only ever had stage 2 before when he did a 97 for me.

I've got beaten up 77 coming my way with what I am assuming will be 25mm piston given its a made in W.Germany vintage. It's a .22 though sadly so I would only use it for plinking hence why I am thinking just a stage 1

I shouldn't imagine any Stage 1 tune would include buttoning.

It's quite a big job.

I thought buttoning was something done only by Steve Pope and one or two other people, some of whom are members of this forum.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Petay View Post
    anyone have the details of the different stages now days...? Is the piston buttoned in a stage 1 tune?
    No buttoning on any of SFS's tunes a stge 1 is degrease , debure and polish internals , size piston seal , fit new spring with custom top hat and spring guide , tune the trigger and relube . A stage 2 is the same but the spring guide is is fixed in to the back block
    A few nice rifles

Quote Originally Posted by magnummike View Post
    No buttoning on any of SFS's tunes a stge 1 is degrease , debure and polish internals , size piston seal , fit new spring with custom top hat and spring guide , tune the trigger and relube . A stage 2 is the same but the spring guide is is fixed in to the back block

Thanks for the info. Looks like I need to find one of the fore mentioned people on here to do the piston buttoning for me then. From that point I could just use a vmach kit or similar and do all the debuting and polishing to the the internals and trigger myself..

Any ideas who could do the buttoning folks?

audiguypaul is offline Has been known to sneeze at mice
    Give wonkey donkey or bigtoe a pm

Yes i second Wonky Donky , he will do what ever you need .
    Cheers Maz.

Cheers gents

I'm surprised it took until post #8 before someone suggested a tune from someone other than SFS.........The OP asked what options you get with an SFS tune not "Who should I get to tune my rifle?"!

Why do springer tuning posts always seem to bring out the "My tuner is better than your tuner" posts?

Quote Originally Posted by fok View Post
    I'm surprised it took until post #8 before someone suggested a tune from someone other than SFS.........The OP asked what options you get with an SFS tune not "Who should I get to tune my rifle?"!

Why do springer tuning posts always seem to bring out the "My tuner is better than your tuner" posts?
    What are you on about ???????????

why do you not read ALL the posts as they appear

no one said anything about being better than any one else

In fairness I did ask about what you get from SFS various stages of tune but when it was pointed out there is no buttoning done on any of Tony's tunes I asked who from the BBS could do it so I could just go with a vmach kit after the buttoning had been done.