well lads, im mostly a springer nut with just one rammer to remind me what recoil REALLY is .. but im building a dedicated long range pcp... im using my full length hw100 and have modded the stock [adjustable cheek riser now] and modded the barrel band [sorta free-floating barrel now] , ive fitted the anti-bounce hammer spring and reg spring, set the reg to [i forgot, but i think it was 95 bar?] modded the anti-tamper hammer to make it settable..... and am running 11.3 ish with AA fields
scope is mtc 8-32x56 . not the best glass ive looked through, but should be upto the job
now then, i think ive covered the basics.. i need to get down to the fine tuning........firstly is there a known selection of pellets to see what my barrel likes ? ive seen bis mags and jsb heavies mentioned a bit around these threads, any others worth trying ?
barrel... im not convinced the barrel is as good as it could be, years back i polished an s410 barrel to remove the choke feel and that closed up my groups a noticable amount, but that was an old gun, probably had a bit of corrosion on the rifling for all i know [hence the benefit after a polish].... so do i risk the fishing-line / cloth and T-cut on my hw100 barrel ? im worried i might make it worse
any other hints and tips greatly appreciated , thanks lads , seb