Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave welham

Dave welham

A fellow club member left a rifle with Dave Welham approx 3 months ago. He has heard nothing since despite numerous phone calls which only go to an answer machine. Does anybody know what the problem is, as this is very poor service ,unless he has a medical crisis of course.

If you do a search this has come up before, along with the reason why the delay.

secretagentmole Guest
    Why do they not go round to Mr Welham's abode or where ever they left the rifle and wait there until Mr Welham shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Why do they not go round to Mr Welham's abode or where ever they left the rifle and wait there until Mr Welham shows up?

The reason being that my mate lives 100 miles away. simples

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If you do a search this has come up before, along with the reason why the delay.
    Maybe you could help me out here as I searched Dave Welham and could see no mention of his current position. Thanks.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    The reason being that my mate lives 100 miles away. simples

So? If it was my gun I would be round there with a big stick with nails in it to get it back if there was no communication! Or get the police involved as it is theft of a firearm!

I don't know the guy personally .. but a lot of guys at my club do ... He's known for sitting on jobs for longer than you'd like .... But the work is worth the wait ....

How did he obtain the gun ?? Is there an address you could send a letter to ? Send a friend to ??? A phone number you could hound on ??
    Www.wendoverairrifleclub.co.uk
    Quigley Hollow Airgun Club
    I kicked the bucket , with 2 feet firmly on the ground

3 months is ludicrous and he needs to get it back Dave welham is a well known name but its still no excuse to have a customers gun for 3 months and no communication or explanation given.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    So? If it was my gun I would be round there with a big stick with nails in it to get it back if there was no communication! Or get the police involved as it is theft of a firearm!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsLJVCIs7us this was a while back he seems a good mate of terrys , is dave ill??

Is it the blue RAW BM1000 ?

Dave welham

Dave's done a couple of jobs for myself and yes there's a wait like any other successful airgun tuner.
    And yes...well worth the wait.
    I know it sounds obvious but have you left a message?

seen all this before from so called "good guys" heard it all before too " worth the wait " "done loads of work for me "
    when it all goes tits up it turns out no-one actually knows the guy in question personally and they all start to back pedal and step away .
    i would tell your mate to start his own proceedings for the return of any goods , the longer you wait the worse it gets .
    the defect of equality is that we only desire it with our superiors
    Henri Bregne 1837 - 1899

As I said messages left on the answer phone and no response. The rifle was delivered in person to Dave but living 100 miles away it`s a bit of a lottery arriving in person to find no one at home.
    I hope he is well but as mentioned 3 months is far too long with no communication.

Quote Originally Posted by skygrowler View Post
    seen all this before from so called "good guys" heard it all before too " worth the wait " "done loads of work for me "
    when it all goes tits up it turns out no-one actually knows the guy in question personally and they all start to back pedal and step away .
    i would tell your mate to start his own proceedings for the return of any goods , the longer you wait the worse it gets .

You are a bundle of joy aren't you 😄