Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: budget springer

budget springer

thinking of getting a buget springer any input cheers

Whats your budget?

100? 200?

hatsan 50/60 depending on calibre can be tuned and ideal for a silencer fitted

200 budget more or less

Do you think someone will suggest an HW99 by any chance

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnlandies View Post
    Do you think someone will suggest an HW99 by any chance
    Well, funny you should mention that!!!

It might be just a tad over budget, but well worth stretching that budget to this quality little lightweight with superb trigger, sweet firing cycle and excellent accuracy.

The other one to look at will be the little Walther Terrus. My only experience was very brief....a couple of shots with a Solware gun at last year's June Springer Bash, but reports from satisfied owners are very encouraging.

And I don't know if McAvoy's are still doing the Diana 280 for £220 including scope??
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up Hatsan 55s 177

Easy buy the Hatsan 55s 177 £100 then carbine it A cracking rifle put the other 100 quid back in your sky rocket for a rainy day

Easy Walther Terrus better than a 99s in my vew and ive got both . Solware have got them on offer at the mo and a bargain wood stocked version is £21O and the synthetic is £2OO . They maybe not as popular as the 99s on here cos not many people have one yet but they will be
    A few nice rifles

Just get a used HW80,the Terrus is ok in both cals but for me 99s has the edge handles better i think.

If new then I'd say walther terrus or hw99 but if you want to buy second hand then I'd say look out for a hw95 for about £200 ish.they do crop up at that kind of price and they are great springers me thinks.Also one not mentioned anywhere which I have one of is the Cometa Fenix 400 carbine. They are very very easy to strip and service yourself and very accurate and nice to shoot and crop up now and again at between £100 and £200.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Just get a used HW80,the Terrus is ok in both cals but for me 99s has the edge handles better i think.
    A used 80 is a good bet
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by siox07 View Post
    If new then I'd say walther terrus or hw99 but if you want to buy second hand then I'd say look out for a hw95 for about £200 ish.they do crop up at that kind of price and they are great springers me thinks.Also one not mentioned anywhere which I have one of is the Cometa Fenix 400 carbine. They are very very easy to strip and service yourself and very accurate and nice to shoot and crop up now and again at between £100 and £200.
    The 400 is the best NEW budget rifle, better than the hw99, terrus or 280 imo
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I'm probably one of the least qualified person to offer advice here as I've only join the party about 3 weeks ago.

My tip for you is not to be woo-ed by the freebies that's attached to any deals/packages. ie the scope/silencer. There are many rifles out there either come with gun only or gun with scope and silencer etc. My advice to you would be to get the best basic package you can afford, then get a decent-ish scope with AO adjustment. Find something that will fit you and your hands nicely. Have a feel of the trigger. Test out how much force it takes to cock the rifle. Check which calibre it is (.177 pellets are cheaper!).

A decent scope with AO adjustment will cost about £40-ish, but will certainly be better than any kit scope. Parallax-error, when you understand and have experienced it, will frustrate you no end until you upgrade the kit scope to a AO-adjustable one. Nikko-Stirling Mountmaster are fairly reasonably priced.

When you've decided which rifle to go for, seriously consider a secondhand model of the same!

Adrian

OP You haven't said if you wanted a full power springer so I will add in the HW30s.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_B View Post
    OP You haven't said if you wanted a full power springer so I will add in the HW30s.
    A cracking gun
    As accurate as anything ive ever owned and a joy to shoot. Ive even used mine on rats out to 20yrds with fantastic results . The accuracy allowing clinical head shots . Job done !!!!!
    HW97kt .177 / Panorama 4-12x50 ao-ir ..HW97kt .22 / Viper 10x44..Air Arms Tx200hc .177 / Viper 6-24x56..HW95k Airmasters .20 / Viper 10x44..HW30s.177/Hawke 3-9x40 . HW45 black star .177...BSA Scorpion SE .177 /Varmint 4-16×44