Thread: Can anyone spot the real rarity?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Lincoln looks larger than those I've handled.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Maybe the "Hy Score Jumior G60" - in .22 at that? Don't know if this is somehow related to the American Hy-Score branded guns but I've never heard of such a model.

Don R.

ccdjg is online now Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Well,in fact ggggr, Micky and IJ got it right, it is the Russian copy of the Zenit shown here :

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...earchitem=true

The EM-GE Zenit must be one of the most copied air pistol designs (see Zenit, Stiga, Brema and Milbro Diana Mk IV in the Vintage Airgun Gallery) but this Russian copy must be the rarest of all. Close inspection of the pistol illustrated in the auction catalogue shows that it has a different grip shape to other Zenit copies, and uniquely has a plastic body with a separate metal trigger guard, and also has a characteristic trademark on the grip. Some better pictures of this rarity can be found here: http://www.muzzle.de/N7/Druckluft/Is...wsk_zenit.html
    And more detailed information here: http://www.iguns.ru/Articles/Handguns/spp.htm

Although it is said that about 55,000 of these were made between 1945 and 1947 they are very rare in Russia and even rarer outside Russia as they were never made for export. How this example turned up in an English auction bundled into one lot with another push-barrel pistol and an old police tunic gives you something to wonder at.

I would love to bid for this lot, but what with the probable high price due to the collectible 19th century police tunic, and the problems of delivery, I won’t be bothering. But if anyone lives near the auction it would be well worth a visit, as it could go for a song if there are no police gear collectors there, and there would be no delivery problems. I don’t like the thought of a costume collector taking away the tunic and dumping the airguns in the nearest skip.

If anyone does go for it and is successful, please let us all know!

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Well,in fact ggggr, Micky and IJ got it right, it is the Russian copy of the Zenit shown here :

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/au...earchitem=true

The EM-GE Zenit must be one of the most copied air pistol designs (see Zenit, Stiga, Brema and Milbro Diana Mk IV in the Vintage Airgun Gallery) but this Russian copy must be the rarest of all. Close inspection of the pistol illustrated in the auction catalogue shows that it has a different grip shape to other Zenit copies, and uniquely has a plastic body with a separate metal trigger guard, and also has a characteristic trademark on the grip. Some better pictures of this rarity can be found here: http://www.muzzle.de/N7/Druckluft/Is...wsk_zenit.html
    And more detailed information here: http://www.iguns.ru/Articles/Handguns/spp.htm

Although it is said that about 55,000 of these were made between 1945 and 1947 they are very rare in Russia and even rarer outside Russia as they were never made for export. How this example turned up in an English auction bundled into one lot with another push-barrel pistol and an old police tunic gives you something to wonder at.

I would love to bid for this lot, but what with the probable high price due to the collectible 19th century police tunic, and the problems of delivery, I won’t be bothering. But if anyone lives near the auction it would be well worth a visit, as it could go for a song if there are no police gear collectors there, and there would be no delivery problems. I don’t like the thought of a costume collector taking away the tunic and dumping the airguns in the nearest skip.

If anyone does go for it and is successful, please let us all know!
    If the auctioneers would box it I could organise a collection and delivery for £8.

Does that help?

ATB, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Shucks and there was me thinking it was the 'limited edition Star Trek phase pistol' in lot 103, well come on I'll bet no one in the Uk has one !!

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    If the auctioneers would box it I could organise a collection and delivery for £8.

Does that help?

ATB, Mick
    Thanks Mick, that's a great offer. I will contact the auction house and see what their packing and collection terms are, and will PM you. You could also have the other pistol for your trouble, or even a police tunic if that's your bag!

Cheers,
    John

Can anyone on here help?

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post

Does that help?

ATB, Mick
    As an update, unfortunately it turns out that Mick's offer can't work out due to timing issues, and also because the auction house have categorically stated that they will not post.

Does anyone live near enough to Worthing to pick up this lot (assuming of course I won it) and post it on to me? I would of course make it worth their while - all costs paid, and they can keep the push-barrel pistol and police tunic as a gift.

P M sent

zenit

i bought the lschewsk will add pics when it arrives .the auction house dose post out. but it was at a cost around £30