Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can anyone spot the real rarity?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    If the auctioneers would box it I could organise a collection and delivery for £8.

Does that help?

ATB, Mick
    Thanks Mick, that's a great offer. I will contact the auction house and see what their packing and collection terms are, and will PM you. You could also have the other pistol for your trouble, or even a police tunic if that's your bag!

Cheers,
    John

Can anyone on here help?

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    If the auctioneers would box it I could organise a collection and delivery for £8.

Does that help?

ATB, Mick
    As an update, unfortunately it turns out that Mick's offer can't work out due to timing issues, and also because the auction house have categorically stated that they will not post.

Does anyone live near enough to Worthing to pick up this lot (assuming of course I won it) and post it on to me? I would of course make it worth their while - all costs paid, and they can keep the push-barrel pistol and police tunic as a gift.

P M sent

zenit

i bought the lschewsk will add pics when it arrives .the auction house dose post out. but it was at a cost around £30

Well done on getting the Zenit - I did contact the auction house and they were pretty categoric over the phone that they could not post airguns or other prohibited items, so I hope you have managed to short circuit this restriction. Best not to raise the issue with them. The postal problem wasn't the final reason for me not putting in a bid as I had the kind offers of help from Binners and Walnutfarmmick, it was more to do with me wrongly predicting that the police tunic would push the price too high. In the event the whole lot went for a bargain price, so you did very well, especially as some of these police tunics can go for up to a few hundred on fleabay. Apart from kicking myself for not bidding, I am pleased that the gun has gone to a collector who will appreciate it for what it is. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers

JohnG

Congrats on scoring the Soviet Zenit clone!
    Hope to see some good pictures of it here when it arrives?

Did anyone happen to see what the Lincoln Jeffries Pistol made?

tunic

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Well done on getting the Zenit - I did contact the auction house and they were pretty categoric over the phone that they could not post airguns or other prohibited items, so I hope you have managed to short circuit this restriction. Best not to raise the issue with them. The postal problem wasn't the final reason for me not putting in a bid as I had the kind offers of help from Binners and Walnutfarmmick, it was more to do with me wrongly predicting that the police tunic would push the price too high. In the event the whole lot went for a bargain price, so you did very well, especially as some of these police tunics can go for up to a few hundred on fleabay. Apart from kicking myself for not bidding, I am pleased that the gun has gone to a collector who will appreciate it for what it is. Look forward to seeing your pics.

Cheers

JohnG
    thank you its all way hard bidding as dont want to pay to much and as this model has not come on the open market its hard to value. but hope

to sell the police tunics will check evilbay out, be great to end up with the zenit for free.

Great pics - it's nice to be able to have a closer look at something so rare.

Zenitiski

Nice to see the Ruskies solved the "end plug problem"!

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Nice to see the Ruskies solved the "end plug problem"!
    It doesn't look like they've made much of an advance on it to me! It still seems to have 'flats' in the end cap suggesting it's a Zenit-type bayonet fixing.

Splosh!?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I think Trev might have been looking at a following picture of a Webley pistol end plug. I must admit it threw me at first. No, I think there will still be a few one-eyed Russian air pistol shooters about.

Thanks Chief,you are quite right,I fixed my beady eye on the slotted plug-couldn't read the writing on it- thought the Ivans must have copied a Webley idea.Apologies all round.Trev