Thread: Reloading .30 Carbine

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room

Reloading .30 Carbine

I'm picking up a Souther Gun Company Speedmaster in .30 Carbine soon.

It comes with the SGC alloy magazine, so I'll be able to use much longer/heavier bullets than the standard 110 grain round nosed FMJs.

Does anyone else on here have one of these rifles?
    If anyone does, what types of bullets and powder are you using?

Cheers in advance.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!

You want to seek out one mr Grahame Tregay in cornwall as he had one of these and set records at bisley 300 yard gallery rifle comps and achieved maxium scores and won for many years till he sold it, I know he would be a wealth of reloading knowledge in this calibre and gun.
    Cheers Doug

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Many thanks. I think he must be the chap Bob Clark told me about, I'll see if he has contact details.

Yep that is the same chap if you do get hold of him absorb everything he says on reloading and lots of shooting related stuff as there is no b/s with the man and he was like a reloading guru to me in my earlier days

Nothing like what your asking for but I have a straight pull M1 Carbine and wanted a load for indoor plinking at 25yds, 5 grains of N320 behind 115 grain lead if your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by lasbrisas View Post
    Nothing like what your asking for but I have a straight pull M1 Carbine and wanted a load for indoor plinking at 25yds, 5 grains of N320 behind 115 grain lead if your interested.
    Very interesting, thanks.

I'm hoping to be allowed to use it at my local club, so a short range/mild load is what I'll need for that.

Nobody else?

H110 and W296 were made for it in WW2 if that helps!
    Lots of guys at my club with Carbines using 2400.
    I think you can use the light 308 sierra matchkings
    Tony