Thread: Simmons 1.5-5x32 8 point ...

Simmons 1.5-5x32 8 point ...

I ordered this scope at the weekend as a cheap replacement for the rather battered AGS that sits atop of my 95k, first impressions are of a good solid little scope although a little heavier than the "Hawke" that sit on my PCP certainly no heavier than the AGS that the 95 already wears !...

The optics seem rather good considering the price (£29 posted) nice clear and in focus rite down to about 3yds (I can sit and watch my TV through it quite easily) when set on 1.5x, colour definition and clarity are very good indeed, the reticle is a little thicker than I usually like but it's still not as bad as some I've seen, the mag adjustment collar is a little stiff but I expect it'll loosen as it gets used and finally general fit and finish seem very good !

I'll let you know more once I've had a chance to fit and use it !...

I bought a HW30S from a nice forum member a few months ago which had one of these fitted.

And yes, I haven't given it any stern tests, but at that money I think it's a storming little scope. And I'd imagine very good in the dim confines of a barn for some close range rodent bashing.

For the money you can't go wrong.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Mmmmm.......

Slight amendment to my last post....

Had a bit of a plink down the hallway the other evening. A little dim, but I thought winding the mag down to 2x would make it nice and bright.

It wasn't!

Still had an enjoyable little session, just thought it would be better. So now, not so sure about the "dimly lit barn" ratting scenario.

Not knocking it, as I still think it's excellent value.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

simmons 8 point

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Mmmmm.......

Slight amendment to my last post....

Had a bit of a plink down the hallway the other evening. A little dim, but I thought winding the mag down to 2x would make it nice and bright.

It wasn't!

Still had an enjoyable little session, just thought it would be better. So now, not so sure about the "dimly lit barn" ratting scenario.

Not knocking it, as I still think it's excellent value.
    - they're a good little scope for the price, had one for 10 years now & it's been on a lot of springers so recoil proof, it ain't a whitetail as far as light gathering goes but a good close range plinking/ratting scope. btw do you have low energy bulb in your hallway? mine is fine indoors under halogen spotlights but poor under low energy flouro bulbs(my whitetails are ok with this light , they have better coated lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    - they're a good little scope for the price, had one for 10 years now & it's been on a lot of springers so recoil proof, it ain't a whitetail as far as light gathering goes but a good close range plinking/ratting scope. btw do you have low energy bulb in your hallway? mine is fine indoors under halogen spotlights but poor under low energy flouro bulbs(my whitetails are ok with this light , they have better coated lenses.
    Indeed, yes, my wife went mad with the low energy stuff!!

Must admit, outdoors, the little scope is terrific and I think it represents excellent value.

Now, down that hallway, if I want to shoot clinical, tiny groups, I usually point another light source at the target. The night I plinked with the little 30 with the Simmons, I didn't do this....it was just a very quick "grab-it-while-you-can" plink.