I got a PM and when I replied it said the recipients inbox was full, so I'll stick it on here - I hope that's ok:
you might try pure wheel weights,years ago there was linotype ,it was v expensive,but I assume thats no longer available
do you mean swaging down a thou from .36 not .35 ...
love to know where you got your Ruger,I have been looking for nearly 2 years....
interested to know how your gun performs,the only offput to me is the weight,5.5 lbs
prefer something 7-8 lbs for stability
Hi,

I've got no idea about sources of lead, I was planning to use FMJ bullets because I was hoping/expecting to go 2000fps or more. But I'm very new to this, I'm just about to start reloading, so maybe lead will do the job.

The .35 rifle cartridge uses .358 bullets and has decent long-range profiles, but they're 200grns or more so perhaps too heavy for a 1:16" twist rifle. I bought a Ruger 77/357 after watching a lot of Youtube videos and reading about them online, Viking Arms are the UK importers and my RFD managed to get me one, it took all year though, and cost me £900 :gulp:

It's a lovely rifle, seems to be very accurate and it's good a lovely build quality. The composite stock isn't too ergonomic, but I can live with it. And it's the only 38/357 bolt action around, so not such a difficult choice.

I shoot mainly gallery rifle at the moment so I like the light weight, but I can't see it being a problem at Bisley on a rest. The benefit of 38/357 is that I can shoot it on our 25 yard indoor range, and also use it at 300 yards or more at Bisley. And I can do home reloads - pistol bullets have way too low a ballistic coefficient, that's why I was looking at .35 spitzers and boat-tails.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

...Pete