Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sussex Interclub HFT 2014 Round 10

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)

Sussex Interclub HFT 2014 Round 10

Hi All

What a great final (10th) 2014 SIHFT course was put together for us by the Hobbits today. The weather was kind, except to me, when the wind blew every which way – entirely unnoticed by anyone else

If truth be said, I accepted early on in the day that it would be entirely out of place for me to overtake Mike Byford on the individual league table on the one occasion he was incapacitated. I even managed to squeeze in a doughnut to make sure he would pick up a trophy. We missed you today, Byfold, and your other (many would say, better) half was seen to be approaching tears when he learnt of your absence.

Great to see 5 brand new faces so late in the season, including no fewer than 3 new Primary Class competitors; that has to bode well for 2015 and the further growth of HFT in Sussex.

Anyway ….. rambling over and here are the scores on the doors, for the last time in 2014.
    Name Club Class Score % Badge T(eam)
    Colin Wilson Visitor O 58 100.0% Gold
    Jon Fairman Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Aaron Friend Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Steve Light Swallows O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Charles Peal Oaks O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Andy Simpson Buxted O 57 98.3% Gold T
    Philip Jacobs Horsham O 56 96.6% Gold T
    Graeme Cargan Oaks O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Rudy Goldslade Oaks O 55 94.8% Gold
    Bob Pattenden Oaks R 55 94.8% Gold T
    Tas Violaris Horsham O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Jason Wells Buxted O 55 94.8% Gold T
    Glen Breadmore Buxted O 54 93.1% Gold T
    Lewis Hodges Oaks O 54 93.1% Gold
    Alex Larkin Visitor O 54 93.1% Gold
    Steb Martinez Ford O 54 93.1% Gold T
    John McDonald Buxted O 54 93.1% Gold T
    Justin Rayner Buxted O 54 93.1% Gold T
    Geoff Ryder Visitor O 54 93.1% Gold
    Chris Tyhurst Oaks O 54 93.1% Gold
    Gary Morrison Buxted O 53 91.4% Silver
    Spencer Bailey Buxted O 52 89.7% Silver
    Gary Chillingworth Visitor O 52 89.7% Silver
    Gary Friend Oaks O 52 89.7% Silver
    Vince Guy Swallows O 52 89.7% Silver T
    Justin Roberts Ford O 52 89.7% Silver T
    Simon Williams Oaks O 52 89.7% Silver
    Terry Aiken Oaks O 51 87.9% Silver
    Steve Noakes Swallows O 51 87.9% Silver T
    Barbara Pearce Iden Fern L 51 87.9% Gold T
    Don Berrington Horsham O 50 86.2% Bronze T
    Roy Pearce Iden Fern R 50 86.2% Silver T
    Lawrence Ray Oaks R 50 86.2% Silver
    Nigel Buchan Buxted O 49 84.5% Bronze
    Peter Epps Ford O 49 84.5% Bronze T
    Kim Lum Swallows O 49 84.5% Bronze T
    Alex Noakes Swallows P 49 84.5% Gold T
    Chris Roberts Oaks R 49 84.5% Silver
    Mike Burgess Swallows O 48 82.8% Bronze
    Jean Greatrex Visitor L 48 82.8% Silver
    John Milner Buxted O 48 82.8% Bronze
    Maciek Pajek Horsham O 48 82.8% Bronze T
    Derek Watson Horsham O 48 82.8% Bronze T
    Nigel Hammond Buxted O 47 81.0% Bronze
    Dave Pickett Buxted O 47 81.0% Bronze
    Dave Standing Swallows O 47 81.0% Bronze
    Gerry Jellicoe Swallows O 44 75.9%
    Simon Whittick Horsham O 42 72.4%
    Carla Chambers Swallows O 41 70.7%
    Kate Gold Oaks L 41 70.7% Bronze
    George Day Buxted P 39 67.2% Bronze
    Jacob Milner Buxted P 39 67.2% Bronze
    Abigail Maw Buxted P 33 56.9%
    Kevin Maw Buxted .22 30 51.7%
    Richard Gallop Buxted R DNF
    Sam Robinson Buxted R DNF
    Chris Silcock Horsham O DNF

Three new Platinum Badges today – awarded for winning their 5th Gold of the year – went to Steve Light, Phil Jacobs and Alex Noakes. Well done to you all

Score cards drawn out of the hat (bag) resulted in Dave Standing winning the £29 cash followed by (keeping it in the family) Carla Chambers the Air Arms goody bag.

I will be posting the full and final Individual results table very shortly. As mentioned to those of you there for today’s badge ceremony, there ARE moves at the top of the Open Class. Watch this space – soon.

Team scores today and cumulatively are :
    Club Round 10 Total
    Oaks 281 2794
    Buxted 274 2645
    Swallows 262 2568
    Horsham 257 2612
    Iden Fern 246 2211
    Ford 240 2484

Both Iden Fern and Ford were short of team players so both clubs had additions to their scores, care of randomly drawn cards from the deck.

So that it – for now – and you’ll know the already known (see above) news that Mile Oak have just sneaked a win for this year’s Team Trophy. The rest of the clubs are really going to have to raise their game if the Oakies are not to pull off the triple in 2015.

Our end-of-year SIHFT Awards event and fun shoot will be hosted by this year’s Team Winning club – Mile Oak (for anyone who’d forgotten) - in three weeks; that’s on Sunday 2nd November.

Biggles
    Last edited by biggles; 12-10-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: correction to Class for John Milner
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Thank you Buxted. Enjoyably frustrating course as usual
    Good season, not reflected by my scores!
    Thanks to everyone who has put in to make another good years shooting
    Si
    The OAKS
    SIHFT WINNERS 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016

Cheers

Big thanks to everybody involved in the running of sihft this year, I have really enjoyed every round that I have shot, and im looking forward to the final fun shoot and to next year already!

Lewis
    Oakies chief hammer carrier/operator.
    Soon to be upgraded to the electric screwdriver!!

A Big Thank you!

Hello all,

Just dropping a quick line to thank the Hobbits for their hospitality and a great course.

A big congratulations to Mile Oak for romping away with the SIHFT title.

But most importantly a massive thanks to all of the Club and SIHFT leaders for their unwavering commitment to the best regional team event in HFT.

Please take a bow Mr Mike Byford, Mr Charles Peal, Mrs Andy Byford , Mr Derek Watson, Mr Steve Light, Mr Phil Jacobs, Mr Richard Chase and last but not least Mr Mike Burgess.

See you all on the 2nd of November!

Steb

I can feel his stare, maybe I should edit my post

Latters!
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

thanks Buxted for having me today,and thanks to all who help make it happen, was enjoyable but really felt for Simmo dropping a point on his penultimate target,(You should of said Andy I'm sure we could of come to an arrangement (cough cough).
    Also I was going to give thanks for the yellow arrows that I followed in all the way from Budletts roundabout only to find out later they were for someones garden show .
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Alegazmoz is offline Southern Hunter Burger Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    thanks buxted for having me .
    Also i was going to give thanks for the yellow arrows that i followed in all the way from budletts roundabout only to find out later they were for someones garden show .:d
    pmsl
    :d

Thanks to all who helped put on another fantastic season, gets better every year.
    Cracking course today, completely threw me on a few of those targets

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    Also I was going to give thanks for the yellow arrows that I followed in all the way from Budletts roundabout only to find out later they were for someones garden show.
    That was probably a ploy (failed) by Simmmo to try to lead you somewhere other than the HFT

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

That was probably a ploy (failed) by Simmo to try to lead you somewhere other than the HFT

And he would of got away with it had I not noticed a car in front of me with .... HFT on the number plate.
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Many thanks to Buxted for a great shoot.
    Really enjoyed all the Sussex events I attended!
    Well done to Tugg on another good win and to Spongey on his overall win.
    Thanks to whoever handed my keys in too!

Some great scores guys, sadly not mine as usual. Congratulations to JR (Jelly) on his 1st gold and well done to to the Buxted newbies on some great first time scores.

Well done all, sorry I couldn't make it, am still trying to sort m-in-law's house out up in Penrith. Be back for the beano though.

Well done Steb, nice shooting!

Ttfn

Dicky
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Massive thanks

A big thank you to everyone involved with the Buxted work party this week
    A smashing job done by Justin and the gang.
    Also many thanks to all those concerned with their advice and tips that have
    helped in my so far short, but hopefully long shooting adventures.
    see you all soon.
    Cheers Spence

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Well done all, sorry I couldn't make it, am still trying to sort m-in-law's house out up in Penrith. Be back for the beano though.

Well done Steb, nice shooting!

Ttfn

Dicky
    SpannerB

Well theres a bit of a mixture at the top of that round!

Tugg has tested positive for an illegal growth hormone so will be subsequently banned from all further 'high scores' lesser scores will be accepted under new rules.... (great shooting!)

Looks like it was a brilliant course / round, can't believe i tore a muscle fighting off 3 burglars, (all armed) and extremely dangerous, armed only with a tea towel which i wet down and gave some vicious slaps with, i think it was the triple back flip trying to stop their escape that tore my shoulder muscle....

Totally peed that i missed the last round as i am sure those that know me can imagine, i hope the job of "up the Oaks" was passed to a similarly fat twot like me...

Biggles too late to stop the triple matey, thats 2011 2012 2013 2014 already...I blame the reduction in foreign imports...

Seriously now, thanks to all my guys who battle tirelessly to keep our club in top form, both from a gardening level, (thanks Paul) and others and from a competitive angle!

When we unite the Sussex Clubs, we are capable of beating ANY Club on the right day, we have left our mark on the Nationals this year and will hopefully kik some butt next year.
    If you haven't shot the Nationals, i strongly advise you to give it a bash for a season, jump in with somebody band share fuel expenses, you won't regret it, there will be tears don't get me wrong but if Andy gets you down too much just walk away to where you can't hear his sobs....
    There will be so many days that you just don't want to end, meeting lesser shooters from MAD and RIVI learning lots of new swear words and generally shooting with people who think like you and having a great time!

A big applause to all the other SIHFT clubs for some great shooting and especially to all the people that make it happen but go unnoticed, like Charles and Biggles and all the guys signing in and marshalling just to make your day pleasurable...give something back if you can by helping your Club set out when they have a shoot!

All i wanted to do was say hi! Ha!!..

UP THE OAKS!!!!! XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

your such a piss taker .watch I don't punch you in the nuts next week
    ps . tore a muscle fighting off 3 burgers more like.
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk