Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing VMax heads ?

Storing VMax heads ?

Just wondering what are the rules on storing VMax heads for reloading ?, do you have to put them in a safe ?
    Shaun

vasbyt.skollie is offline The impossible I can do, Miracles take time..
    Heads??.

A cartridge is made up of a primer, case, powder and bullet.

V-Max bullets are expanding and as such count towards your total allowance whether its a loaded cartridge or not and as such need to be kept in your ammunition safe.

Vasbyt
    Gas operative extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by vasbyt.skollie View Post
    Heads??.

V-Max bullets are expanding and as such count towards your total allowance whether its a loaded cartridge or not and as such need to be kept in your ammunition safe.

Vasbyt
    This use of 'heads' - Royal Navy-speak for toilets, when the person means bullets, annoys me as well, but sadly, it seems to have taken off in this country to the point where suppliers like Kranks are actually printing it on their boxes.

tac

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    This use of 'heads' - Royal Navy-speak for toilets, when the person means bullets, annoys me as well, but sadly, it seems to have taken off in this country to the point where suppliers like Kranks are actually printing it on their boxes.

tac
    Hi Tac

It REALLY annoys me too... That is all.

vasbyt

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post

tac
    Me too.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by rec-baller View Post
    Just wondering what are the rules on storing VMax heads for reloading ?, do you have to put them in a safe ?
    Shaun
    As I understand it, yes.

The advice given by FEOs varies across the forces of course so you will get different answers.

On a different but verdant topic, please don't use the word "heads" for "bullets"; it is plainly wrong and otherwise for no other reason than to not giving people something to moan about...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by rec-baller View Post
    Shaun
    Lancashire no they can be stored on your table or such, and they don't count towards your total Bullets that is, only when made up ie case, powder primer and bullet do they count, but they use to well that's how my FEO told it some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by vasbyt.skollie View Post
    Heads??.

Well said!

I was beginning to think I was the only one that cared.

I was told expanding bullets count towards your total allowance whether made into a round or not !!

so if your ammo count is 500 and you buy 400 V-Max bullets you can only have 100 rounds in your safe

A cartridge (round) is made up of a primer, case, powder and bullet.

So as such its a loaded cartridge or not and as such need to be kept in your ammunition safe

Dalua is offline No need for me to cry...
    Quote Originally Posted by camo304 View Post
    Lancashire no they can be stored on your table or such, and they don't count towards your total Bullets that is, only when made up ie case, powder primer and bullet do they count, but they use to well that's how my FEO told it some years ago.
    In that case, I'm not sure that Lancashire have got this right.

My understanding is that S5 bullets are treated as if they were loaded rounds as far as security and round-possession allowance go.
    We have always known there were two Britains: one extraordinarily pleasant, inhabited by mild, tolerant, kindly people; the other utterly disgusting, inhabited by brutal and malevolent louts. Auberon Waugh

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    In that case, I'm not sure that Lancashire have got this right.

My understanding is that S5 bullets are treated as if they were loaded rounds as far as security and round-possession allowance go.
    That is what my FEO told me years ago, i rang Hutton HQ 4 weeks ago and was told, until they are made up they don't count got me thinking about shops and RFD's where they have Vmax just sat on a shelve I will ring again tomorrow and double check.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    HO guidance 2014 Para 2.12 ( component parts for ammunition are not subject to controls) states

"There are two exceptions to this. The first is missiles for ammunition prohibited under section 5 of the 1968 Act, for example, expanding or armour-piercing bullets. Such missiles are themselves defined as ‘ammunition’ and are subject to control accordingly (see Chapter 3). "

So ordinary bullets are not subject to controls but expanding projectiles are, and should be stored accordingly.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Turnup View Post
    HO guidance 2014 Para 2.12 ( component parts for ammunition are not subject to controls) states

"There are two exceptions to this. The first is missiles for ammunition prohibited under section 5 of the 1968 Act, for example, expanding or armour-piercing bullets. Such missiles are themselves defined as ‘ammunition’ and are subject to control accordingly (see Chapter 3). "

So ordinary bullets are not subject to controls but expanding projectiles are, and should be stored accordingly.
    ^^This^^ and that I have 'missiles' next to my bullet calibre allowing the purchase and storage of expanding bullets. This allows me to store bullets in addition to ammunition / completed rounds.

If they ask they are A-Max bullets exactly the same as V-Max but not controlled ! A = Accuracy, V = Varmint

Quote Originally Posted by mickwin View Post
    If they ask they are A-Max bullets exactly the same as V-Max but not controlled ! A = Accuracy, V = Varmint
    That's very silly advice, you know they're controlled, it's on your ticket, just put them where they're supposed to be and stay withing the scope of your FAC.
    Last edited by vasbyt.skollie; 16-10-2014 at 05:23 PM.