Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storing VMax heads ?

Just had this confirmed again firearms rang me this aft Vmax count towards total and need to be locked away.

Quote Originally Posted by vasbyt.skollie View Post
    That's very silly advice, you know they're controlled, it's on your ticket, just put them where they're supposed to be and stay withing the scope of your FAC.
    Not when I've run out of A-max and could only get V-max for my target rounds - bought V's used some in target rounds, bought more and used in my hunting rounds still same amount of bullets - still same bullets - different rounds - still not out of scope of FAC in my book, unlike many who sometimes I know hold over the amount allowed on said FAC even for a short time, and no I'm not insinuating you or any person on this forum.
    AND REMEMBER you don't have to take any advice ( and this was not meant to be advice, although it may have appeared to be ) on any subject or on any forum bud.
    PS I also use A-max for vermin when I run out of V-max
    Last edited by mickwin; 16-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Does anyone else think this an odd regulation? It makes things awkward for reloaders. No postal ordering of bullets is a pain.

David TS is offline Happiness is a warm L1A1 SLR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Well said!

I was beginning to think I was the only one that cared.
    No you aren't, count me in too! .
    When I look back, the fondest memory I have is not really of the Goons. It is of a girl called Julia with enormous breasts.
    Spike Milligan

there is no "guidance" that they need to be kept in a "safe"!

ammo and expanding bullets are treated the same from an admin perspective
    just keep them "secure and separate from the firearm."

vasbyt.skollie is offline The impossible I can do, Miracles take time..
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    there is no "guidance" that they need to be kept in a "safe"!

ammo and expanding bullets are treated the same from an admin perspective
    just keep them "secure and separate from the firearm."
    The fact that "expanding" ammunition is entered onto your FAC by the RFD is sign that they need to be stored as per "loaded" rounds, just the same as .17 hmr or .22rf etc etc etc. now you wouldn't leave any of them laying around would you????
    Gas operative extraordinaire

The fact that "expanding" ammunition is entered onto your FAC by the RFD is sign that they need to be stored as per "loaded" rounds, just the same as .17 hmr or .22rf etc etc etc. now you wouldn't leave any of them laying around would you????
    In Lancashire we don't have Bullets entered onto our ticket, only factory ammo goes on.

show me the guidance or firearms law that states clearly and unequivocally that they need to be locked in a "safe" and I will lock them in a safe.

otherwise mine will be "secure and seperate" as required...just like the loaded rounds.
    that is in a draw in an otherwise locked room in this scenario

Nobody has mentioned 'bullet heads' yet.......

The concept of expanding and non-expanding ammunition continues to be lost on me. It makes no difference- i don't want to be shot with a .44 magnum, .223, or whatever be it expanding or not, either way the damage will be significant. Unloaded lead shotgun slugs aren't controlled and i most certainly think they are worse than any bullet (also a hell of a lot easier to load than metallic cartridges- with just a drill attachment)

Norman Clarke wont sell primers or expanding bullets without a licence produced.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Is it therefore to be assumed that an open display of THOUSANDS of 'expanding' bullets in their boxes, either in the gun store or at a show, is also subjected to this ridiculous level of 'safe-guarding'?

Can an RFD here 'expand' on how THEY actually account for the holding of large amounts of expanding bullet as components?

Going back a good few yuears to when this expanding/armour-piercing lark came to the fore, an FEO visiting me for a variation 'chat' noticed that I was using a large projectile as a door stop. I told him that it was a WW2 German 88mm projectile recovered from the RA trials unit at Shewburyness by my dad, some time in the lat 1940's.

He then advised me that I was illegally 'in possession' of an armour-piercing projectile, and while I was having the variation completed, I should really have my FAC annotated to incorporate the collection of such items. I shrugged and agreed.

When my variation came back, with the appropriate entry for a firearm made, I was staggered to note that I had been granted not only 'permission to acquire and possess' '120 rounds, each, of armour-piercing, incendiary and other types of ammunition, up to and including 20mm'.

Needless to say, after two renewals came and went without me buying any 20mm ammunition of any kind, the permission was removed from my FAC.

Perhaps I really SHOULD have bought that Lahti or Solothurn 20mm atk gun I had been lusting after since I was a callow youth reading the back pages of 'Guns and Ammo'......

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    Norman Clarke wont sell primers or expanding bullets without a licence produced.

BBF
    Nor will they sell you expanding bullets without entering said bullets on your FAC.

Unhappy Bullets or bullet heads.....

Just phoned my local RFD as to whether they have any news on my bulk order of .204 bullets? Yep, you've guessed the reply. Are these bullets or bullet heads? 'Bullets or missiles not ammunition' was my reply. It seems some old folk are set in their ways