Thread: Storing VMax heads ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Nobody has mentioned 'bullet heads' yet.......

The concept of expanding and non-expanding ammunition continues to be lost on me. It makes no difference- i don't want to be shot with a .44 magnum, .223, or whatever be it expanding or not, either way the damage will be significant. Unloaded lead shotgun slugs aren't controlled and i most certainly think they are worse than any bullet (also a hell of a lot easier to load than metallic cartridges- with just a drill attachment)

Norman Clarke wont sell primers or expanding bullets without a licence produced.

BBF
    "The grass is always greener on the other side"

Is it therefore to be assumed that an open display of THOUSANDS of 'expanding' bullets in their boxes, either in the gun store or at a show, is also subjected to this ridiculous level of 'safe-guarding'?

Can an RFD here 'expand' on how THEY actually account for the holding of large amounts of expanding bullet as components?

Going back a good few yuears to when this expanding/armour-piercing lark came to the fore, an FEO visiting me for a variation 'chat' noticed that I was using a large projectile as a door stop. I told him that it was a WW2 German 88mm projectile recovered from the RA trials unit at Shewburyness by my dad, some time in the lat 1940's.

He then advised me that I was illegally 'in possession' of an armour-piercing projectile, and while I was having the variation completed, I should really have my FAC annotated to incorporate the collection of such items. I shrugged and agreed.

When my variation came back, with the appropriate entry for a firearm made, I was staggered to note that I had been granted not only 'permission to acquire and possess' '120 rounds, each, of armour-piercing, incendiary and other types of ammunition, up to and including 20mm'.

Needless to say, after two renewals came and went without me buying any 20mm ammunition of any kind, the permission was removed from my FAC.

Perhaps I really SHOULD have bought that Lahti or Solothurn 20mm atk gun I had been lusting after since I was a callow youth reading the back pages of 'Guns and Ammo'......

tac

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    Norman Clarke wont sell primers or expanding bullets without a licence produced.

BBF
    Nor will they sell you expanding bullets without entering said bullets on your FAC.

Unhappy Bullets or bullet heads.....

Just phoned my local RFD as to whether they have any news on my bulk order of .204 bullets? Yep, you've guessed the reply. Are these bullets or bullet heads? 'Bullets or missiles not ammunition' was my reply. It seems some old folk are set in their ways