Thread: Bad weather stops play!

Bad weather stops play!

Apologies if this has been asked before, but how should I practice dry firing 10 meter pistol. My range is outdoors and recently the weather hasn't been the best so I've not been able to practice as much and work commitments restrict my club attendances. Inevitably, my averages are suffering but a busy house means that I can't set up an indoor range. I would appreciate any help with this subject.
    Thanks
    Chris
    If we weren't so greedy, we'd all be rich!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    About the only other suggestion I can make is to dry fire practice, provided your gun makes this possible. It rehearses all of the actions, muscles and mind, and the absence of recoil means that you can also see what happens during the release - if done correctly nothing should happen during the release. In some respects it is better than live firing since you can really work on the follow through.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Assuming your pistol is able to dry fire, take up your normal stance any distance from a light coloured wall, close your eyes and bring your pistol up to aim.

Open your eyes and check foresight alignment in rearsight notch.

If OK, squeeze trigger as normal and, as in previous reply, check for movement at point of trigger release.

Remember to follow through.

This is a good excercise to check that your trigger finger is moving back through the axis of the pistol and not deflecting left or right or up and down.

Hope this helps.
    ATB
    Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal