Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theoben Eliminator From 1999

I agree that if the power remains constant I wouldn't change anything. I have recently bought a .20 Eli which was doing 24 ft lb with 13.7 grain JSB Heavies. That is perfect for me so I just shoot it!! I must admit that I have never opened up any of my Eliminators as they have always delivered constant power. In my experience always resist the temptation to pump up the ram to increase power to anywhere near the maximum possible They very quickly become horrible to shoot and even more difficult to cock than usual.
    800 ft sec with JSB .22 is a little underpowered but I would be tempted to leave it like that and just get used to shooting the rifle.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Eliminator....20 years too late

20 years after slobbering over pictures of Theoben air rifles in the old magazines, I am looking to buy a .22 Eliminator.

I am guessing I will need to learn how to do the necessary maintenance.

As of Dec 2015 I know the following :

* Spares available from Impact Airguns
    * They want a minimum of 150 GBP for a service
    * I need a slim Jim gas ram pump for a good price
    * I have a PDF on stripping the gas ram
    * The principles of adjusting ram pressure to find the right 'charge' for pellet of choice
    * I am going to have to buy a CS Custom left handed stock because I cannot find any left handed Eliminators or Crow Magnums

What I don't know is:
    * The basics of actually dismantling the rifle, an "Idiots guide to dismantling " if you like..
    * The actual "mint" conditon rifle I am going to spend all this money on.

So getting there slowly!

Cheers!