Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Hw35

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    From the match cards pictured on your FWB 65 thread I noticed earlier - There's not much wrong with your hand/eye co-ordination Ian!

Another thought about the OP's gun - Is a 3mm TP correct for the leather seal HW35? I thought they were 4mm? Or did I dream that...

ATB - Phil
    This is what I found when I stripped two '35s recently. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...tml?sort=6&o=2 The larger t p is the nylon headed one on the right. Both these guns were s/h so I cant be certain that both pistons have been changed in their lifetime though I doubt it.

This http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...l?sort=6&o=190 is a target card I did recently in CCL compt.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have found that to operate smoothly and at legal power levels th HW35 does not like much preload. I have just repaired yet another one and fitted an OX no 4 spring supplied by the owner. I cut off 3 coils, heated and flattened the cut end and reground the spring (always do this as the spring will be distorting under load and can break off a coil). The rifle then was smooth and quiet but only putting 16 grn pellets out at 500 fps which is a little low. I put 3 standard thickness washers (did not measure exactly at the time) into the piston and this upped it to 570 fps. The trigger block was easy to screw back. Nice firing cycle with no twang. I used BOSCH gear grease on the spring (very sticky and does not throw off, used on Bosch angle grinder gearboxes).

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I think you should advise everybody that your recent CCL card was shot at two inches Ian.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Well, the 35 is no more. I was really struggling with it, and called in tomy local dealer to discuss it with one of the staff. He has refurbished several, and understood my plight, so much so that he talked me into selling it to him and buying a new HW97 KT synthetic! ( in my defence, I desperately needed a working rifle for the weekend. )

He is going to tinker with it, and if necessary break it for spares. So thank you all for your help, my first project was not exactly a success, but I've learnt a lot, and thoroughly enjoyed myself into the bargain. I had wanted to resolve things so that this topic could help someone in the same position as me to fix up their gun, just the same as I spent hours searching, but he assures me that if he gets it fettled he will let me know what the problem was. Many thanks to all of you for your input.