Thread: Hornet cartridge length.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just for fun I loaded a few at 1.705, some at 1.710 and some more at 1.723. There was virtually no difference in POI, maybe 1/4".

You may find that if you put a light crimp on your rounds with a lee factory crimp die it'll tighten that quarter inch up. I crimp all my hornet rounds now and dont worry too much about the coal.

B
    Brno 22 hornet - CZ 455 Thumbhole 16" 17 Hmr - Baikal Sxs 12 gauge - Air Arms s410

Graham2 is offline Slightly camp, makes decent chilli, and has a box of tissues and a can of 3 In 1 in the gun room
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben410 View Post
    You may find that if you put a light crimp on your rounds with a lee factory crimp die it'll tighten that quarter inch up. I crimp all my hornet rounds now and dont worry too much about the coal.

B
    Good advice.

Neck tension is pretty poor on cartridges like .22 Hornet as the brass is so thin: a light crimp certainly helps with FP consistency. I have the crimp die set up on my Dillon 550, so it's not really an extra step for me but it's worth doing on a single stage press.
    Not camp, Gary just wishes I were!