Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mixed lot of old airguns available

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Complicated but Yes - he will. He has no interest & as they cost him nothing he's not bothered about the hassle of trying to find buyers.

I did apologise concerning where to post this but am obviously in the wrong so I will leave the thread now.

Pity, because they are nice items :-(
    You are not in the wrong and posted in the correct section, but once you or your friend have settled on prices for individual items, or wish to sell as one lot, you need to start another sales thread stating prices, as per forum rules.
    If you decide to do this, create the thread in the sales section as you can post pictures directly in that section, but then post a link to that thread in the collectables section as well.

urx is offline 2,602.00 GBP −10.00 (0.38%) at the close
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    You are not in the wrong and posted in the correct section, but once you or your friend have settled on prices for individual items, or wish to sell as one lot, you need to start another sales thread stating prices, as per forum rules.
    If you decide to do this, create the thread in the sales section as you can post pictures directly in that section, but then post a link to that thread in the collectables section as well.
    +1, not much effort and various buyers will Im sure be ready and waiting to give them new homes
    Gun control means using both hands.

Complicated but Yes - he will. He has no interest & as they cost him nothing he's not bothered about the hassle of trying to find buyers.

I did apologise concerning where to post this but am obviously in the wrong so I will leave the thread now.

Pity, because they are nice items :-(
    As said above, there's nothing wrong with this thread. I was hoping to help by pointing out that any buying / selling should be conducted on a separate sales thread Forum rules, that many folks are not aware of.

As Garvin suggested - Once you're happy with all the comments, valuations and suggestion that this thread attracts - A separate sale thread with prices and pictures would be ideal.

Thank you for all the replies.

As a former collector I drooled over these but to him they are just scrap iron and he had no idea where to take them.

I suggested K---ks but am loathe to do that as they will just up the price for an enthusiast to buy. I would like them to go to someone who appreciates them and he is willing to go along with me.

But left to him they will fade away I'm afraid.

Anyway, I will see him early next week & if agreeable to him I will put them on the for sale section.

Thanks again for all the help given :-)
    Take nothing but memories, Leave nothing but footprints

Thanks

BTW - thank you Garvin for posting the pics for me - much appreciated :-)

As a former collector I drooled over these but to him they are just scrap iron and he had no idea where to take them.

I suggested K---ks but am loathe to do that as they will just up the price for an enthusiast to buy. I would like them to go to someone who appreciates them and he is willing to go along with me.

Anyway, I will see him early next week & if agreeable to him I will put them on the for sale section.

You could put a link to the Collectables forum too.
    That would be handy as I am persona non grata in the Classifieds
    Imelda

I'm happy for you to start a sales thread in this section if you wish ?

I could move your advert to the sales section if you don't find a buyer here in collectables --- though I doubt I'll need to.

All the best Mick

They look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I'm happy for you to start a sales thread in this section if you wish ?

I could move your advert to the sales section if you don't find a buyer here in collectables --- though I doubt I'll need to.

All the best Mick
    Thank you for the offer Mick but, as I said im my OP, they are not actually mine. I have been heckling him to let collectors get them so will speak to him early next week and hopefully they will appear on here at prices adjusted for condition.

Again, thanks all for assistance.

As an aside I am surrendering my Saxby Palmer Orion 6 this week for those who remember such items :-(

Cool

Thank you for the offer Mick but, as I said im my OP, they are not actually mine. I have been heckling him to let collectors get them so will speak to him early next week and hopefully they will appear on here at prices adjusted for condition.

Again, thanks all for assistance.

As an aside I am surrendering my Saxby Palmer Orion 6 this week for those who remember such items :-(
    Hi

I vaguely reacall the Saxby Palmers and Ensigns and Brococks :/

Was eve offered a .22 converted Lee Enfield by a buffoon at a bootsale that refused to believe it was an illegal firearm as he should have applied for an FAC years ago!!

He was adamant that because he bought it before they were banned, he was OK to own it

Hope you manage to get your friend to allow you to sell those rifles for him

I just bought a rough old BSA Standard cheaply, it needs work but it's still a nice old item!!

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I handed mine over several years ago, along with five Brococks and 20-odd TACs. Beautifully made gun, and one of my favourite toys, also much loved by my daughters who used it for supervised but noisy plinking in the back garden, while I went red in the face pumping up the TACs for them.

Like most of the Brococks I handed over it was a .177 - impossible to convert to firing .22 live rounds. The whole thing was a farce - a Pavlovian reaction to evidence presented by the police that was subsequently shown to have been 'economical with the truth' about the number of converted weapons they had come across (by a factor of ten).
    Last edited by scrapman; 18-10-2014 at 12:58 PM.

All very true that scrapman - I have @ 150 'TAC's & 100 of the larger rifle type, 2 slim jim pumps, 1 bench pump & a ram charger for an air bottle. All now redundant & useless :-(

ANYWAY - back to the thread.

If I put these up on the sales section, what is the situation for posting air rifles. How, who etc?

Edited - - - just read the 'sticky' concerning postage etc. - lots of useful advice there.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; 18-10-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: More information found

I have my brococks on licence so if your tacs need a new home i would look after them for you black hawk . What caliber are they? I have the orion and the combat in. 22

Smile

t1mm - PM sent

Sales advice

If I may take further advantage of members knowledge & advice.

I now have his agreement to sell them at prices I think are reasonable (I may add, I am doing this as a favour to him & because of my interest in airguns - I get no part of the cash).

Is it best to place one advert listing all guns or individual adverts. (I already have an agreed offer for the Webley Service)