Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just bought a webley alecto

Between 1 and 3 pumps where is the difference in trajectory? At 10 yards mine seems to hit the same spot regardless?

If you bought the Alecto new you may find you get some grease discharge after a few day of shooting, I did with mine. It took a few felts to clean the gun out of the barrel and about a tin of pellets until it finally cleared out - might not be all of them but mine certainly had a lot of grease in it.

Re the red dots I fitted a Hawke 25 as it gives a fairly small dot, but thought it didn't suit the gun to well as it obscured the surrounding view.

I've just bought a Gun Tuff holographic type which seems to go with the gun better but as you rightly say it is a bit of a splat! It was about £19 of our sponsor, the dot is larger than the Hawke but its still giving good 2p coin size groups at 8 meters using two pumps, for anything further out I may have to look at alternatives - can you post up how you get on with the laser when it comes?

cheers

Ed
    Last edited by capt hindsight; 22-10-2014 at 10:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tth3w View Post
    Between 1 and 3 pumps where is the difference in trajectory? At 10 yards mine seems to hit the same spot regardless?
    In 0.177 there will probably be no significant drop at 10m.

If you were to shoot out to double that (or more), you would probably see the drop with one pump, and the higher power/straighter trajectory with two pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by capt hindsight View Post
    ......I may have to look at alternatives - can you post up how you get on with the laser when it comes? ......
    Easy to fit to the lower rail on the Alecto.

I set the laser to aim at the same point as the open sights at 6m (I would check this on every use to ensure it has not gone out of alignment). The adjustment is course and rather free but with patience it worked and kept aim after the jolt of cocking/shooting.

The dot is a bit large (splat...it is marketed for paintball) but was putting pellets exactly where I wanted, and one on top of another. To be honest I can do similar with open sights, which is more satisfying (does not obscure target) hence my reason for not cluttering the upper rail.

Not sure how long the batteries or the power switch will last. Yet to use it more but nothing lost, and if I find a better/smaller laser dot for a reasonable increase in price I might go that way later.

Need to be very careful with laser/reflections (eyes).

Mine turned up yesterday. It's the guntuff one and the build quality is excelent. Nice bright dot and still clear up to long distance.

For 15 quid I'm very impressed

Yes, and that's the posted price. Talking of which, I ordered it one day, it arrived the very next day

Expected it to be a pile of sh1t for that price but looks well engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    In 0.177 there will probably be no significant drop at 10m.

If you were to shoot out to double that (or more), you would probably see the drop with one pump, and the higher power/straighter trajectory with two pumps.
    I get 3/4" drop between 1 and 2 pumps at 15 yards, my rule is 8-15 1 pump, 15+ 2 pumps as all of the targets over 15 yards will go straight down on two pumps and drop minimal if zero at 20 yards on 2 pumps. This on .20 Cal ( 11.4 Gr)... but tried a friends .177 and there was not much difference but still felt the .20 took the more distant targets out cleaner.

3rd pump

No point in pumping Alecto s for the third stroke, you can hear the limit valve blowing off excess.

That's how they are tuned for UK market to keep at 5Ftlbs.

I have read info on some US sites that suggests up to 4 pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by leetrenchard View Post
    I have read info on some US sites that suggests up to 4 pumps.
    I would love to see the expression on their faces when the try that fourth pump
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    You'll be glad you got it.

At the club I can hit shotgun shells 10-13M away with my red dot scope from a rested position.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***