Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Need of Stout Footwear

Muckmasters have just arrived.

Observations on my Size 10s:

1) Only just long enough for my very average and quite narrow size ten feet. This surprised me.

2) Very wide at the rear of the heel which means my narrow heels slip up and down even with walking socks. This might be just my feet but it's annoying...

3) The reflective (for safety) pull tab on the back is sewn into the inside of the boot which is clearly a mistake... it's hard to hold it to put the boots on, has to be tucked back inside for comfort reasons and is down inside the boot so it can't be seen for the intended reflective safety properties to be utilised. All images on google show the tab sewn to the inside! Who is doing QC/QA over in China on these?

Overall they are clearly a nice comfy boot and pretty well made but they are more suited to a shorter fatter shaped foot IMO.

I will keep them now they are here but for my narrow feet I think there must be a better shaped boot for next time so I won't be buying another pair.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

May not be fashionable but never been able to fault them- Derry Boots work ok for me

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    ... they are more suited to a shorter fatter shaped foot IMO.
    I prefer to think of mine as broad and well formed...

Seriously though, that's a body blow. I was hoping I might be able to get my broad feet into a pair.

Stilettos it will have to be

Quote Originally Posted by Taran View Post
    I prefer to think of mine as broad and well formed...

Seriously though, that's a body blow. I was hoping I might be able to get my broad feet into a pair.

Stilettos it will have to be
    I think they would be ideal for you then if your feet are of the fuller stylee

My feet are pretty narrow - about a d/e fitting which perfectly suits the quality size ten shoes I have like Trickers, Church's, Loakes etc.

I would get a pair of the Muckmasters if I were you - they are a good boot overall

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I got a pair of Bates Enforcer 9" Gore Tex Combat Military Boots £37 quid of the bay and got to say they are a first class boot, Vibram soles, a combination of leather and Ballistic Nylon uppers very light weight, 200-gram Thinsulate insulation and gore tex lined 100% waterproof

Try lowa military gtx boots

I've had a pair of muck boot tay for a few years now. I find them pretty large fitting and I have wide feet...one in particular .....the thing I find is if your sitting in a hide all day in freezing conditions there great...warm as toast, but if your doing a lot of walking my feet tend to sweat as there just to warm and I normally dont suffer with sweaty feet. The sole on one has started to peel away from the boot itself but they have had a lot of use and as I say they are a few years old now......personnaly I would recommend trying on before purchase.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

I'm on the mailing list for these guys and I must admit that once in a while they come good.
    I have not tried any of the boots on this particular link but price wise they are keenly priced.
    The links change on a weekly basis but if you go to Dragon Carp Direct and search for footwear you should get to the same place as this link.
    Got to admit that I am tempted to buy some waterproof, warm boots for setting up the HFT course this winter.
    http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/all-...n=FishOnFriday

i cant fault hunter balmoral's use them every day on the mountain and around the farm the take all day walking on the hill ground moving sheep and walking on the fields which are a heavy clay soil so they take well to all conditions people slate them but i love mine and a £75 a pair from the right place there not expensive. there warmer and more comfy than muck boats and have rubber all the way up and are firmer on your ankle. and they grip better than le sh*tose boots
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240