Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Need of Stout Footwear

Good boots

Quote Originally Posted by snodgrass49 View Post
    With the onset of Autumn my thoughts are leaning towards keeping my feet dry and warm during the coming months. I can't justify the expense of Harkila stalking boots at £250 so wondered if anyone might suggest a suitable - more economic- alternative?
    Hi if you need good boots I would recommend scapa terra gtx you can get them from go out doors .i live in the scotish highlands and walk up to 50 miles a week my feet are always dry and blister free I shoot in these boots and there like wearing slippers . Cost about £110

Well, having weighed up all the advice I have just ordered a pair of Muck Muckmasters which evidently used to be called Tay. They cost £77.95 posted. I do hope I have ordered the right size as if not I will have pay for returns.
    Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little.

I can recumbent these

Dickies trinity non-safety dealer boots

Hope there good!

Best buy this year, muck boots, muckmasters.

Do a bit of further research into any boot with a moulded on Vibram sole, I suppose it's something to do with making a rubber compond compatible with the moulding process but I've got a pair that treats any wet surface like it's ice, walk onto a wet pavement & your away.
    The original solid rubber soles they make, the sewn on ones, can't be faulted.

I would say just look for military surplus for a good boot.

Received the Muckmasters today! Fantastic! Ever so comfy. Never thought I would pay £80 for a pair of wellies but these are amazing. Let's just hope they last!

Great news, wear them in the right places an should last a good time, By the way,how did you go on with ordering the size,, as normal or smaller/larger,i know this was a concern.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Great news, wear them in the right places an should last a good time, By the way,how did you go on with ordering the size,, as normal or smaller/larger,i know this was a concern.
    Well I am generally a 91/2 but after reading various reviews I decided to go for size 9 rather than 10. It was the right call as they fit perfectly! If I were to wear very thick woollen socks it might possibly be a bit of a squeeze but the manufacturers recommend medium weight socks as the thermal properties are excellent.

Thanks for asking ...

Enjoy the boots, they should last well, my previous pair lasted just over a year, which for me is a long time! Most days for 10+ hours and about 5 miles, do the math and that's around 1,500 miles of trudging round muddy fields and woodland. And yes, really comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris D'Bus View Post
    Enjoy the boots, they should last well, my previous pair lasted just over a year, which for me is a long time! Most days for 10+ hours and about 5 miles, do the math and that's around 1,500 miles of trudging round muddy fields and woodland. And yes, really comfortable.
    Wow! 1500 miles should last me five years or more!

I have just ordered a pair in green on the strength of this thread. Been looking for wellies for months but was not sure which to buy. Muckmaster are now on their way to me. I wait with anticipation to be impressed.

I spend almost every day in V12 ankle boots which are super comfy but get saturated on my shooting walks.

Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I have just ordered a pair in green on the strength of this thread. Been looking for wellies for months but was not sure which to buy. Muckmaster are now on their way to me. I wait with anticipation to be impressed.

I spend almost every day in V12 ankle boots which are super comfy but get saturated on my shooting walks.

Matty
    I'm sure you will like them Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Muck boots, I have a pair, dam there comfy.
    I've been in Muck Boots for last few winters, and use an old pair of Berghaus walking boots the rest of the year.
    After Muck boots, wouldn't shell out on pricey Walking Boots again. If I did Meindl would be where I'd look .

Karrimor, now bought out by (Sports Direct), offer some very good quality boots for 'cheap boot money' through retailers like Field & Trek.
    Although Chinese made, and not the brand they used to be, the top end stuff (which is still cheap now), is very good ...

What is the fitting like on the Muckboots ?

I have broad feet (11L military boots sill need a bit of working in for width ) so I always struggle to find a good fit