Thread: Melbourne Marksmen update

Melbourne Marksmen update

Latest news at MM :

The article by Phil Bulmer on the August Collector's Fayre is in the current issue of Airgun Shooter. Phil has also joined the club and hopefully may cover future fayres/events

The AGM will take place on Thurs 6 November (8pm) and should be completed for about 9.15 pm so we will still be shooting on the night.

The visit to the Armouries at Leeds is being organised by Jean for November. Please make sure she has your name, as places are limited by number of seats in the mini bus.

The home leg match with Redhill left us with a slight lead. The return leg is scheduled for January so plenty of time to get some serious practise in.

The Xmas dinner is being arranged by Kim. 2 venues have been proposed so please let Kim know your preference. We will go with the majority.

John
    hold me back !!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Latest news at MM :

The article by Phil Bulmer on the August Collector's Fayre is in the current issue of Airgun Shooter. Phil has also joined the club and hopefully may cover future fayres/events

John

That's good news then John

I look forward to reading about it when I get my copy in the morning.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 19-10-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks for that heads up John, I'll take a trip to WHSmith's and get a copy.

Jean has sent a text out confirming the Leeds Armoury visit date and some further details, Nov 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Thanks for that heads up John, I'll take a trip to WHSmith's and get a copy.
    Well worth having a look at Nick.

Looking at the pictures has made me want to get my Hawk MK1 out for a play, but I also think John should ask the bank for a smaller chequebook. You could get a hernia carrying a full one about.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well worth having a look at Nick.

...but I also think John should ask the bank for a smaller chequebook. ...
    Went and bought a copy , it's a nice piece that captures the spirit of the Fayre IMO, and will hopefully put it on the radar for an even broader range of would be collectors and enthusiasts.

Bigger is usually better (excepting the .177's obvious superiority). With cheques due to be phased out in 2017 they'll soon be collectables too.

Any fat blokes in the photos, don't remember seeing more than one on the day

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Any fat blokes in the photos, don't remember seeing more than one on the day
    Don't know about "fat", but there's a "well fed" gentleman in the background of one photo...

4 times a year

That's what we want, work it into the gaps between Brum and Bisley, charge £5 entry (to include£2 raffle tickets) Charge £15 per table to anyone weighing less than 20 stone....

Oh and a prize for longest journey, by a fair haired, bearded person

Just get that past the committee and happy to have helped