Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: valuation of original mod 50

valuation of original mod 50

I have an Original Mod 50 underlever air rifle which I am looking to sell. It is in good condition, and the only other identifying marks I can find are "CAL 4.5/.177" and, on the side of the barrel "033306"
    Can anyone advise me what I should be looking to get for it? Thanks in advance

any pics has that would give some idea of condition Has a rough guide I gave £150 for my model in .22 made 1978

Agreed, pics needed!

The O 50 had quite a long production run and a few changes along the way, some photos that show the stock (forestock esp.) would be a start.

There's a lot of interest in these guns (from me! Sadly & most unfairly, I'm not allowed to buy anymore "gun rubbish").

I cant remember exactly but the later ones may have a very, very tiny date stamp on the receiver above the rigger in a MM YY format.

.177 is less common I think.
    Older models are prettier and worth more hence the request for photos.
    I paid £170 for my early .22 two years ago.
    Lovely gun.
    As these are not rubbish Dside is ok to keep collecting!

& !

An example of each of earlier 50 variants would complete my Collection !

SWMBO says no

PS. Welcome to the Forum, 'Original' (do you have more, older M&G guns or will you have to change your username if this sells?)

Thanks, will take some pics when I get home and post. DSidelever , nothing more to sell I'm afraid. The only other gun I have is not worth selling!

Quote Originally Posted by original View Post
    Thanks, will take some pics when I get home and post. DSidelever , nothing more to sell I'm afraid. The only other gun I have is not worth selling!
    Go on then Mr Original I'll bite --- what's the other gun you have.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Go on then Mr Original I'll bite --- what's the other gun you have.

All the best Mick
    you beat me to it Mick

Thanks so far. Now trying to upload pictures. The other gun, is simply a really rubbish one kept at my folk's place a long way off. I couldn't even say who the manufacturer was!

Found markings for date - 04 74
    Can't yet work out how to post photos

Excellent work

Those marking are difficult to find.
    (or even see!)

You have there what I consider to be the 'Mark 3' variant, obviously the pics will give an idea of general condition. (The 50 was in production approx 1952 - 1987).

(SOME people on this section SEEM to be intrigued by your other 'little old thing / barn find' rifle - PLAY YOUR CARDS VERY CLOSE TO YOUR CHEST WITH THAT ONE )

They'll prob. offer you a fiver for a Gem

Take photos - transfer & save (with a name you can remember) to your PC/laptop then go out on the WWW & open a free photo hosting account with Photobucket/Flikr whatever, then you can upload the pics to your new account from where they are available for 'sharing' to the World - choose the 'sharing' method (something like "embedded link for message boards" then come back here, start a new post & when ready open a new browser Tab to the photo host and copy & paste the photo links into/onto your Airgunbbs post
    Last edited by DSidelever; 21-10-2014 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by original View Post
    Found markings for date - 04 74
    Can't yet work out how to post photos
    Hi, you can't, you can only host them elsewhere (like photobucket) and link to them from here.

Re the gun, value will be determined by condition and completeness (presence of sights), etc etc.

Anywhere from £60-£160 is possible. Slight bonus .177 less common.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Thanks. I will see what I can sort. Sadly I have no computer at the moment, just phone. Hope to remedy this situation soon.

Thanks. I will see what I can sort. Sadly I have no computer at the moment, just phone. Hope to remedy this situation soon.