Thread: Air Arms 500 HFT

Air Arms 500 HFT

Has anyone bought this latest rifle by Air Arms yet and what are shot count and accuracy like?

If you have one could you also let me know whether the barrel is truely fully floating and not influenced by the cylinder at all.

It looks as though it may be a good bench rest air rifle with the advantage over the MPR of side lever and an even better match trigger (although the MPR trigger correctly adjusted is dam good)

John
    hold me back !!

I handled one at the weekend and it's very accurate & slightly "dead'er" than my mpr to shoot. No idea on shot count but u can confirm the barrel is floated! The action where the barrel locates is longer/stronger to accommodate this & has 3 locating screws instead of 2.

Atb Mick F
    HW80 x2, Stoeger, Ripley x2, HW77 x2, Steyr x2, HW100, Walther lgv + Dommie, Diana mod 50 & 470th gone but not forgotten webley typhoon, original 5g, original 45, sterling hr81, fwb sport 124, Daystate qc mk2, Regal, AA 410 x2, bsa ultra, AA s400 x3

Quote Originally Posted by MickyFinn View Post
    I handled one at the weekend and it's very accurate & slightly "dead'er" than my mpr to shoot. No idea on shot count but u can confirm the barrel is floated! The action where the barrel locates is longer/stronger to accommodate this & has 3 locating screws instead of 2.

Atb Mick F
    Thanks Mick
    It is tempting and xmas is coming. I have heard on another forum that 70 plus shots are available. I feel a trip to Solware coming on
    John
    hold me back !!

I have had mine a couple of weeks now and probably put 300 or so pellets through it.

I have adjusted the trigger position and weight to suit me, it is a stunningly accurate gun, so far only been using JSB 4.52's but seen no reason the change yet. I reckon that the claimed shot count (90) is on the pessimistic side, but a very safe working figure. yes the barrel is fully floated, there is a rubber bumper on the top of the air tube but there is a couple of mm clearance.

I am intending using it for bench rest, as well as other stuff, and the initial practice shots lead me to believe it will be very good at it, I just need to catch up!!

HTH