Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Stock Fairies Reveal Themselves; Thank You, Boinger Boys!

Cool The Stock Fairies Reveal Themselves; Thank You, Boinger Boys!

Well, last night, all was revealed.

I'd stated on another thread that I felt a little awkward about letting Nick (Tinbum) down, as I had agreed to buy his 97 synthetic stock but, as the mystery stock fairy / fairies had mysteriously sent me one, I was sorted.

I had (sort of) guessed that Nick and Mick had had something to do with it.

Well, last night, Nick came clean. He'd seen one for sale on here and bought it, contacted a few other members who all chipped in....AND BOUGHT IT AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR ME!!!

WOW....Happy, YES! But also very humbled, choked and a little emotional.

I cannot believe the sheer generosity and fantastic nature on here, especially THE BOINGER BOYS...

So, Nick got hold of Mick, Phil (Rickenbacker), Dave (Trumpetier), Dave the Frame, Gwyn (Slinger 69) and Chris Allum, who all chipped in.....

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Thank you so much chaps. This was very unexpected. The plan was to buy Nick's stock from him at the Bonfire Bash but you've really gone and surpassed yourselves now. And then Mick also went and sent me the stock insert, too!

Nick......"I'm a big believer in paying it forward. A group of guys from mainly the "other side" had a fundraiser to buy some wheels for my daughter's beach wheelchair I was building".
    "I'm now looking for people to pass on something good to. At some point you'll notice someone with a need you can help with and, little by little, the World becomes a better place".

Thank you, Nick. So generous and very moving.

I had a similar thing happen a couple of months ago when CraigP sent me a FREE Hawke Panorama scope, as I was enquiring as to how good a Nikko Stirling Game King may be. My dog was really ill at the time. What a wonderful gesture. And Craig is also committed to spreading the generosity and good karma through the BBS.

I have also been on the receiving end from other wonderful and very generous offers from many other genuine and helpful BBS peeps, like Bigtoe, WonkyDonky, Yoshiwolves, UK Neil, amongst others. I apologise if I've missed anyone off....feeling a little emotional and "buzzy" right now!

Long may this excellent and generous karma permeate the BBS. And I'll help anyone as and when I can.

The BBS is my one and only "social activity". You're my friends on here. So many very special people. And there are so many that I'd still love to meet face to face, as the Boinger Boys have already. It really does add another dimension, meeting up in person and putting faces to names.

So, again, a HUGE THANK YOU TO THE BOINGER BASH STOCK FAIRIES....Nick, Mick, Phil, Chris, Gwyn, Dave and Dave.

My best Birthday present , ever!

And (and most certainly NOT in the wrong way!!!!) I LOVE YA!!!!

A very heartfelt thank you,

Tone.
    Last edited by TonyL; 19-10-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Happy Birthday Tone

Lovely post, and it's my pleasure to chip in a little bit for your surprise

And well done to the chief organiser(s)

Just to let you all know, I'd quite like full size actual proper working helicopter for my birthday. Or something to the same value.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Happy Birthday Tone

Lovely post, and it's my pleasure to chip in a little bit for your surprise

And well done to the chief organiser(s)

Just to let you all know, I'd quite like full size actual proper working helicopter for my birthday. Or something to the same value.
    Yep, one hell of a surprise. To be fair, when Sarah rang me at work and told me what it was, I guessed at Nick or a combination of Nick and Mick. But then the buggers got me off that trail and I'd been really flummoxed. When I read the pm from Nick last night, I had goose bumps all over.

And thank you again, young Phil.

Thanks matey, although the birthday's not for a few days yet.

As regards the whirly thing, you'll have to let us know when your happy day cometh!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

We already knew that Phil and we've been hiding your surprise present in my garden.

Tone nipped out earlier for a play with it and to photograph it for me, look :-

http://pictures.salem-news.com/d/161...pter-crash.jpg

Oh bollocks.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    We already knew that Phil and we've been hiding your surprise present in my garden.

Tone nipped out earlier for a play with it and to photograph it for me, look :-

http://pictures.salem-news.com/d/161...pter-crash.jpg

Oh bollocks.

All the best Mick
    Oops, sorry Mick and Phil.

Got a little carried away with the joystick.

It'll fix, though, won't it???????

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Oh bollocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oops
    Jeeezas fellas!

That would 'a bin flippin perfect until you two got hold of it

Your right mate there are a lot of good people on here and that is very good of them mate real decent blokes. There are some very kind and good people on here one of them for me was G.L.W he gave me an MTC scope to help me out. Couldn't beleave it such a nice bloke as well and couldn't thank him enough, it's just great to know that there are real decent people out there.

Oh nearly forgot happy birthday mate.

It was my great pleasure too Tony, inspired by Nick, and I'm very happy to be associated with the other 'Boinger Boys'. Just wish someone had told me about air-gunning when I was 15 instead of 75.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

PS: Many Happy Returns Tony!

Plinker Paul and Gwyn....Burpday's not actually for another couple of weeks.

But thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    It was my great pleasure too Tony, inspired by Nick, and I'm very happy to be associated with the other 'Boinger Boys'. Just wish someone had told me about air-gunning when I was 15 instead of 75.
    Thanks Gwyn; you're an absolute star!

Whadya reckon, 'cos I'm sure it's going to catch on.....?

"Boinger Boys". "Boinger Bash Boys", or "T20's Bitches"?

And you don't look a day over..

You're never 75 matey. Whatever it is you've done, keep it up, you're looking well on it!

What a lovely gesture - and a brilliant wind up too! Well done to all involved.
    And a very happy birthday to you Tony.

All the best - Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Thanks Gwyn; you're an absolute star!

Whadya reckon, 'cos I'm sure it's going to catch on.....?

"Boinger Boys". "Boinger Bash Boys", or "T20's Bitches"?

And you don't look a day over..

You're never 75 matey. Whatever it is you've done, keep it up, you're looking well on it!
    (I'm 76 and three-quarters now Tone)...vain bar-steward that I am, I wasn't at all offended by your "The Magnificent Seven" accolade. It really fits.... just look how Trumpetier's suave muscular charm makes some guys jealous.... and the Boinger ladies have christened Chris "The Better Bruce".

OK, I'll get my coat.

Phew thank gawd it's out!

Good eggs one and all, truly nice to have such mates.

Was watching the thread to see if the trail was hot or cold, had to package in a non descript way, no comms or give away clues

Nice one!

Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by slowcoach View Post

Good eggs one and all, truly nice to have such
    Nice one!

Cheers all
    Absolutely; they're the BEST!