Thread: Feinwerkbau History No 1

Feinwerkbau History No 1

I'm selling my No 1 as I've got too many repro's in the cabinet. The History No. 1 is possibly the most accurate black powder pistol I've ever fired (and that's quite a few). I hold the record for the MLAGB 150 match with it with 144 x 150 and there's a card hanging up in my club with pretty much a single hole inside the 10 ring (fortunately the only ones outside were the discards). No marks other than normal usage.

It'll come with fitted case, tools and a spare nipple. I'm looking for £650 + £25 delivered to your dealer.
    If you must drive on the right, move to France

History No 1 Eligibility?

Hi all

I appreciate that this is an old thread but I have a question regarding the FWB History No 1. I recently bought one that was virtually unfired and am in the process of acquainting myself with it. It is a very accurate pistol and there's no doubt that it's beautifully engineered but I have been told that it's not eligible for competition use as it's not a direct copy of a specific pistol? Anyone know whether this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by NickHarvey View Post
    I'm selling my No 1 as I've got too many repro's in the cabinet. The History No. 1 is possibly the most accurate black powder pistol I've ever fired (and that's quite a few). I hold the record for the MLAGB 150 match with it with 144 x 150 and there's a card hanging up in my club with pretty much a single hole inside the 10 ring (fortunately the only ones outside were the discards). No marks other than normal usage.

It'll come with fitted case, tools and a spare nipple. I'm looking for £650 + £25 delivered to your dealer.
    A man can never have too many guns, 'repros' or otherwise.

Re post #2 - if it is not eligible for competition, how come Mr Harvey above can hold the record score for shooting it in the MLAGB 150 Match?

tac

History No. 1

These pistols (amongst others) were deemed not reproductions at the World Championships in Granada last year. However, this was for MLAIC Championship meetings and there is a moratorium in place until 2021. The main reason for it's failure to comply is the use of aluminium in it's construction - a material which was relatively unknown in the period. It was the fact that it isn't an exact copy that meant Feinwerkbau had to call it the History rather than a Billinghurst on which it is loosely based. To be fair, at the top level of the sport, there are pistols which stretch the definition of reproduction on almost every detail.

Can I also add here that I equalled the 150 record (144x150) at the Autumn OTF meeting with a Baumkircher pistol (if you're not familiar with his work: http://baumkircher.at/Default.aspx?s...t.aspx&lang=en)

There are no plans within the MLAGB to ban these pistols from any UK competition.

I write with specific knowledge as the MLAGB treasurer and the GB MLAIC delegate.
    Last edited by NickHarvey; 24-10-2015 at 09:18 AM.
    If you must drive on the right, move to France

Hi Nick

Just to say thank you for the nipples, arrived today.

Kindest regards

Quote Originally Posted by NickHarvey View Post
    There are no plans within the MLAGB to ban these pistols from any UK competition.

I write with specific knowledge as the MLAGB treasurer and the GB MLAIC delegate.
    That's good enough for me then! Many thanks for the information. I can go back to coaxing it into the ten ring...